Book on Zeppelin Raid on Sheffield 1916

In mid 2006 two people called Mark Goodwill and Glynn May wrote a two part article in The Star about the Zeppelin Raids of 26 Sept 1916 in which my gt grandma was killed.

They intended to produce a book about it and I passed them some information.

Does anyone in Sheffield know if the book has been published ? ( I live in the north east so don't see The Star).

John

They do still have a website on the Zeppelin Raids of 26 Sept 1916 in Sheffield

The web site is updated on a regular basis if you want to keep having a look

Glynn

The web site is updated on a regular basis if you want to keep having a look

Glynn

Not Sheffield but Did you see Antiques Roadshow last weekend. Someone had a painting of a Zeppelin over London and there is another by the same artist in the Maritime Museum at Greenwich if you are ever that way ;-)

Although not the September 26th raid that killed the people in Sheffield,

i have come across this cutting that was published in the New York Times on February 2nd 1916 of a possible earlier attempted/aborted raid.

And also this one dated May 15 1917 telling of the destruction of the L-22 zeppelin, the airship that actually dropped the bombs on Sheffield.

Although not the September 26th raid that killed the people in Sheffield,

i have come across this cutting that was published in the New York Times on February 2nd 1916 of a possible earlier attempted/aborted raid.

And also this one dated May 15 1917 telling of the destruction of the L-22 zeppelin, the airship that actually dropped the bombs on Sheffield.

Great stuff Jimbob - came across this photo on Picture Sheffield - searching for victims in Crossley Street

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/pi...ff.refno=s00146

Some more information on the Sheffield Raid. Taken from The Baby Killers German Air Raids in the First World War by Thomas Fegan