Art in Sheffield

knightstemplar

Correct HughW my learned friend. Never could a few hundred dishcloths be so beautiful. lol

You must all visit. It is in the entrance before the library so you dont have to go inside the library (for all you library phobics) and its free to look at. You must go to the top floor and look down as well.

One of you must be able to take a better photo than my camera phone. Looking at the blog it looks like I need to have fill in flash on my camera to get a great photo.

Sue

Guest Three Legged Cat

Hi and thanks for the links :)

I didn't know about this site, just been browsing around, it's great. I can see I'll be spending more time here...

Guest carlie167

Hi and thanks for the links :)

I didn't know about this site, just been browsing around, it's great. I can see I'll be spending more time here...

Hello and welcome, yes, you,ll be like the rest of us, spending far too long on the forum, to the point of neglecting family, friends, pets and anything else that gets in your way. Enjoy! lollol lol

Guest carlie167

Has anyone seen this?

Love it

Does anyone know where it is, photo taken today?

Sue

I went to see it yesteday and loved it, my other half said it reminded him of tea towels drying on a washing line!!

Philistine!!!!!! lollol lol

I read somewhere that the Graves gallery was a bit of a last minute thing when they built the library, and it was only put there to secure funding from Mr Graves to help with the construction cost.

Not sure if this is true but it sounds about right.

Guest Noise Heat Power

Dunno if that's true, though much as I love the Graves, it has always seemed rather underwhelming compared to the major galleries in other city centres.

It was The Mappin Art Gallery in Weston Park that was always Sheffield's best gallery in my opinion - which makes it rather shameful that they closed it by stealth and merged the space with the new Weston Park museum.

Mr Mappin would not be pleased.