Famous Sheffield Publicans (Spoof)

RichardB

Got a few of these which I will post "as and when" ...

How come Chubby Checker was listed as running a Sheffield Pub in 1911 ? (Somewhat cryptic clue)

Details required, name, dates, Pub etc etc to win the Grand Prize, which is "now't" lol

How come Chubby Checker was listed as running a Sheffield Pub in 1911 ? (Somewhat cryptic clue)

Bell, Market Street/Fitzalan Square, Ernest Evans (Chubby Checker's real name)

Which popular "Band Leader" had the "Five Alls" with his Bandshow ?

Old Five Alls, 168 Infirmary Road, 1862, William Cotton.

Billy Cotton <WAKEY, WAKEY>

Long haired singer/songwriter running the Kelvin Grove in 1871 ? He was the first artist signed to the Beatles Apple label, had drug problems, still performing (now bald), he's seen Fire and he's seen Rain this man. At times like this it's good to know "You've Got a Friend" lol

Long haired singer/songwriter running the Kelvin Grove in 1871 ? He was the first artist signed to the Beatles Apple label, had drug problems, still performing (now bald), he's seen Fire and he's seen Rain this man. At times like this it's good to know "You've Got a Friend" lol

That has to be James Taylor ..

Guest skeets

RichardB There was a landlord had the record for the youngest licencee, and also the oldest , he started his career at 21yrs old at the Alexander ? on the moor and finished the oldest 80 odd , :( at an hotel l used dozens of times but the name eludes me , was at the bott; of Springfield Rd and MillhousesLane[was it the Springfield?] and the main thing l've forgot is his name! , most likely you'll dig it out cheers Skeets.

RichardB There was a landlord had the record for the youngest licencee, and also the oldest , he started his career at 21yrs old at the Alexander ? on the moor and finished the oldest 80 odd , :( at an hotel l used dozens of times but the name eludes me , was at the bott; of Springfield Rd and MillhousesLane[was it the Springfield?] and the main thing l've forgot is his name! , most likely you'll dig it out cheers Skeets.

Struggling with this at present. Just back (20 minutes ago) from four days away; I've forgotten everything I ever knew !

What year (approx.) were you using this Hotel, did the spouse know ? <He said distracting the fact he can't remember a thing about Sheffield AT ALL>

Which member of Robin Hood's Merrie Men had the Dog and Partridge, Trippet Lane in 1905 ? <Colour>

That would be William A Scarlett

There was a landlord had the record for the youngest licencee, and also the oldest , he started his career at 21yrs old at the Alexander ? on the moor and finished the oldest 80 odd , :( at an hotel l used dozens of times but the name eludes me , was at the bott; of Springfield Rd and MillhousesLane[was it the Springfield?] and the main thing l've forgot is his name! , most likely you'll dig it out cheers Skeets.

Walter Hattersley, 2 Exchange Street, Alexandra Hotel (1951 and thereabouts)

Does that ring any bells ?

Difficult to find because it was operating under a "Hotel License", one of only 9 such premises in 1951

Ok one for you RB and anyone else interested of course.

You may find this pub landlord working beside a Barr.

I've tried Judge, Barrister and Lawyer ... no luck so far :(

I've tried Judge, Barrister and Lawyer ... no luck so far :(

may have to give a little clue here.

try an American tv program

Infamous, non-PC (fictional) West Ham fan running a 1905 Sheffield Pub ?

that would be Alfred Garnett Travellers' Inn Wadsley Bridge.

Guest skeets

dobberd hi would it be the WIG AND PEN

Guest skeets
Excellent !!!
RichardB thats him now what is the name of the pub [WHERE I USED TO TAKE THE WIFE!!!] bottom of Sprinfield rd and Millhouses Lane on Abbeydale rd thats where he finished.

RichardB thats him now what is the name of the pub [WHERE I USED TO TAKE THE WIFE!!!] bottom of Sprinfield rd and Millhouses Lane on Abbeydale rd thats where he finished.

I used to take your Wife there also, but, enough of that lol

dobberd hi would it be the WIG AND PEN

If it is, I would never have got it ! I'm slowly adding new Pubs, new in my case being post 1925 :huh:

No, I'm not that old, just love Pub history 1800-1925, now the "Pig and Whistle ......" <Grrrr>