Hello

Guest lindsey

Guest lindsey

Hi

I am new to this site. I was born in Sheffield and lived there until I was 5. I moved to Barrow -in-Furness where I have lived ever since (now 36). My Grandfather was Ron Staniforth and my Dad was named this too. Sadly both died of motor neurone disease and lung cancer respectively. My Grandad was a footballer. Other members of my family are Lynne Staniforth, now McHale (now in Oz) and my Grandmother, Ellen, now sadly deceased also. My Grandparents used to live on Dudley Road.

If anyone has any stories about them, I would love to hear from you.

Kind regards

Lindsey Philipson (nee Staniforth) xx

Hi Lindsey, welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear from ex-pats! I hope someone remembers you family, but if not, you've found a new one here!

Regards

Bayleaf

Guest carlie167

Actually, my Aunt has now enrolled on the forum. Auntie Lynne lives in Austrailia now.

Hello and welcome Lindsey (and also your aunt) hope you have fun and meet some interesting people, but be warned, the forum can be very addictive, lollol lol

Hi

I am new to this site. I was born in Sheffield and lived there until I was 5. I moved to Barrow -in-Furness where I have lived ever since (now 36). My Grandfather was Ron Staniforth and my Dad was named this too. Sadly both died of motor neurone disease and lung cancer respectively. My Grandad was a footballer. Other members of my family are Lynne Staniforth, now McHale (now in Oz) and my Grandmother, Ellen, now sadly deceased also. My Grandparents used to live on Dudley Road.

If anyone has any stories about them, I would love to hear from you.

Kind regards

Lindsey Philipson (nee Staniforth) xx

Hi Lindsey, You may not have seen this before - from a book called "Sheffield Wednesday - A Complete Record".

Hi Lindsey..WOW fancy having a grandad who played for the owls!!! My team all round! welcome to sheffield history! I am sure you will find lots of friendly folk on here!

DRACO XXX