Anyone collect Autographs ?

dunsbyowl1867

I didn't - far too lazy but my Dad knew someone at the club. Real footballers-from the proper 3rd division ! Remember any of these 1970s stars?

Some from the early 70's when I was in my young teens. My dad was a friend of Eric England and managed to arrange a private visit to Hillsborough. Luckily it coincided with the vast majority of the squad being there and I got nearly everybody! Brian Joicey and Johnny Fanthams were obtained separately but I cannot for the life of me recall how.

And the jewel in the crown (obtained whilst having my hair cut at the same time in Johnny Fantham's barbers on Division Street).

Some from the early 70's when I was in my young teens. My dad was a friend of Eric England and managed to arrange a private visit to Hillsborough. Luckily it coincided with the vast majority of the squad being there and I got nearly everybody! Brian Joicey and Johnny Fanthams were obtained separately but I cannot for the life of me recall how.

My brother was into collecting autographs, and as our uncle was Eric Taylor he got to go behind the scenes at Hillsborough when the game was over. I do not know what year it was, or how it came about but this is all I can remember. Pele had played at Hillsborough, and after the game the great man himself was waiting for a taxi to take him to the railway station [how times have changed] when he said to my brother would you like a lift? needless to say the answer was yes, and I suppose he got Pele`s autograph also. We never heard the last of it for years after, THE LUCKY SO -AND- SO.

My brother was into collecting autographs, and as our uncle was Eric Taylor he got to go behind the scenes at Hillsborough when the game was over. I do not know what year it was, or how it came about but this is all I can remember. Pele had played at Hillsborough, and after the game the great man himself was waiting for a taxi to take him to the railway station [how times have changed] when he said to my brother would you like a lift? needless to say the answer was yes, and I suppose he got Pele`s autograph also. We never heard the last of it for years after, THE LUCKY SO -AND- SO.

1972 (if it was Wednesday versus Santos), I was at the game, aged 10 as a member of Parkside Road School (across Catch Bar Lane).