Where were the following districts of Sheffield please

RichardB

Bridgehouses

Used to be on the ancient route from Rotherham/Templeborough towards the Roman Fort at Navio and then on to Buxton picking up the saltways and Roman route.

The route went over Wincobank Hill, Grimesthorpe, Brunswick Road, Champs Hill (remember that name) to Bridgehouses where it forded the Don.

Then through West Bar, Western Bank, Lydgate, Sandygate, Stanage and onwards.

The route bypassed the Sheffield area keeping to the ridges as it was usually swampy in the valley

This is getting to sound like Mornington Crescent! lol

Why not invoke the "Hendersons Relish rules" and therefore lets see who is first to proclaim......"Hole in the Road"

Gosh, I don't even know if this is a place or a person !!!

Willoughby Colley, Wadsley ...

:unsure::huh:

Hi RichardB

1879 Willoughby Colley Innkeeper Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane

1893 Willoughby Colley Victaller Bay Horse, Wadsley

1893 Willoughby Colley Pocket Knife Mnfrs Wadsley

Hi RichardB

1879 Willoughby Colley Innkeeper Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane

I had 1893, then I saw it listed as a place !

1879 is a new one to me (I think :unsure::huh: )

Many Thanks :rolleyes:

(Updated 'n' stuff)

Hi RichardB

Must have liked the Pub Life.

1911 Willoughby Colley Innkeeper Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane

1919 Willoughby Colley Victualler Horse & Jockey, Wadsley Lane

Guest roystonowl

Hollow Meadows was at one time small hospital for the 'Mentally Subnormal' as they were described back in the 60's.

Why not invoke the "Hendersons Relish rules" and therefore lets see who is first to proclaim......"Hole in the Road"

Hendersons Relish Rules? OK!

and my personal favourite ...

Pickle

Yes, there was an area known as Pickle, got to go back some way though :unsure::blink:

Hi RichardB

James Makin & Co. Table Knife & Fork Mfr.

lol

The following districts are ill-defined in my mind (what's left of it anyway), can anyone help ?

Help with a definition of the districts that is; not my mind lol

Feel free to add your own, Parkwood Springs I could point at, but I don't really, really know ...

i was born there in 1958 ask anyone who lived there they all say they loved it i lived on pickering rd my gran lived on wallace rd the block i lived in was the last block they knoked down my mate who lived next door was the last family off there ;-)

Hollow Meadows is next to the A57 (Manchester Road) at Rivelin Dams ... FLASH EARTH

Showing part of the famous 'Wyming Brook Drive' on the R/H side.

skeets parkwood springs as l recall mmmany yrs ago, was up douglass rd works either side till you approached the railway bridge, a few buildings on the right, no more after but scrub land up to shirecliffe lane, after the bridge on the left wallace rd ,pickering rd , vale rd , mount st pub on the corner all very steep up to this point on mount st and then top of vale rd where was the chip shop owned by myaunt across the rd a little further was a kids play ground , swings etc; past that down a steep gennel to wards the river don this is how it was as l recall then , 75 yrs ago don't ask what l had for lunch !!!!!ARTHUR