Where were the following districts of Sheffield please

RichardB

The following districts are ill-defined in my mind (what's left of it anyway), can anyone help ?

Help with a definition of the districts that is; not my mind lol

Feel free to add your own, Parkwood Springs I could point at, but I don't really, really know ...

Millsands and Bridgehouses

Millsands runs from Bridge street where the old Whitbreads Brewery was, all new development now including Irwin Mitchell Solicitors.

Bridghouses is behind Nursery Street and West of the old Victoria Station. There was a large Goods Shed at one time.

Millsands runs from Bridge street where the old Whitbreads Brewery was, all new development now including Irwin Mitchell Solicitors.

Bridghouses is behind Nursery Street and West of the old Victoria Station. There was a large Goods Shed at one time.

Thanks for your answer, these areas were quite small then ?

Any idea where the name Millsands came from (he said feigning ignorance ...) ?

High hazels is down as Handsworth Hill estate on the map, alongside High Hazels park. Olivers Mount is part of it.

Parkwood Springs is where the Ski village is and the area that once was the landfill site.

Sue

High hazels is down as Handsworth Hill estate on the map, alongside High Hazels park. Olivers Mount is part of it.

Parkwood Springs is where the Ski village is and the area that once was the landfill site.

Sue

Thanks, how far "up" Parkwood Springs did they manage to build, seems to my memory it all got a bit steep .... "Ski Slope", "Steep" well done RichardB lol

and my personal favourite ...

Pickle

Yes, there was an area known as Pickle, got to go back some way though :unsure::blink:

Pickle might get you into a ---- Oh Never mind .... :huh: ;-)

The following districts are ill-defined in my mind (what's left of it anyway), can anyone help ?

Help with a definition of the districts that is; not my mind lol

Feel free to add your own, Parkwood Springs I could point at, but I don't really, really know ...

Looking across from Walkley to Parkwood Springs

Hollow Meadows is next to the A57 (Manchester Road) at Rivelin Dams ... FLASH EARTH

Showing part of the famous 'Wyming Brook Drive' on the R/H side.

Thanks, I've never heard of it, despite being born and bred relatively close by. Upperthorpe, Hillsborough, Walkley; one of my sisters used to live looking out over that way, you learn something every day, or, in my case, you find another disappeared Pub every day...

Looking across from Walkley to Parkwood Springs

Tremendous picture Thank you. How did you manage to get a War of the worlds-type tripod-thingie in the shot, just luck I guess lol

We are being invaded by these things at the moment. They seem to appear overnight along with road humps. Going are the nice cast green lamp posts to be replaced by nice big black lamp posts which being black are the subject of numerous car bumper meetings. You did notice it leaning.

BTW DID I SAY I HATE ROAD HUMPS ARRGH :angry:

Sue

Tremendous picture Thank you. How did you manage to get a War of the worlds-type tripod-thingie in the shot, just luck I guess lol

The War of the worlds-type tripod-thingie, is the communications mast

Reverse view, Parkwood to Walkley,

The War of the worlds-type tripod-thingie, is the communications mast

Reverse view, Parkwood to Walkley,

You just popped out and took these with a big flash gun thingie ?

Nice pictures lol