Parkwood Springs

Guest paulie

Top row 4th from left Tom Smedley, in front of him is Harold Lamb, in front of him is Janet Spencer and in front of her is I think Neddy`s sister Vera.

They're all a bit older than me Ken Yeardley bottom right, Terry Beaumont behind him second row, Frankie Holland back row second left, could that be Barrie Brooks third row third from left, front row third from left Ann Emsley, Christine Newbould with the glasses on front row, is that Keith Hackett third row fourth from right.

They're all a bit older than me Ken Yeardley bottom right, Terry Beaumont behind him second row, Frankie Holland back row second left, could that be Barrie Brooks third row third from left, front row third from left Ann Emsley, Catherine Newbould with the glasses on front row, is that Keith Hackett third row fourth from right.

Yes, thats the great man himself.

Guest valeroadbaby

Up to now I have put 12 names to faces out of the 42 children in the photo. To make sure the memory is still working well is that your mom bottom row 2nd from the right?

Yes mom is second from right on the bottom row. I'll have to get her round to put some more names to the faces.

Guest valeroadbaby

Looking down the list of names and addresses I do remember the Clixby twins and

the Addisons, Barracloughs and did an Alan Cotton live there somewhere?

The Clixby twins (Margaret & Eileen) are Mom's cousins. They still live in Sheffield and meet up with Auntie Stella every now and then.

They're all a bit older than me Ken Yeardley bottom right, Terry Beaumont behind him second row, Frankie Holland back row second left, could that be Barrie Brooks third row third from left, front row third from left Ann Emsley, Catherine Newbould with the glasses on front row, is that Keith Hackett third row fourth from right.

They're all a bit older than me too that's why I tend to know their younger siblings.

I think Harold Lamb had a younger brother called Larry, maybe wrong on the name but

I remember them as a good looking family.

They're all a bit older than me too that's why I tend to know their younger siblings.

I think Harold Lamb had a younger brother called Larry, maybe wrong on the name but

Larry was Harolds nick name, he had a older sister called Carol

Harold's brother was Pete, Harold used to do the repairs on my cars, a first class mechanic had his own workshop, Pete the last time I saw him was driving a lorry.

Can see where the nickname larry came into it lol

Guest valeroadbaby

Mom's come up with the following list from the school photo.

Top Row

Alan Balm; Frank Holland;????;Tom Smedley; John Shirley; Keith Cranshaw; Roy Priest; Michael Taylor; Melvin Tyler?;

3rd Row

Marcel Robinson?; Rodney Scarborough; David Cartwright; Barry Brooks; Harold Lamb; David Swinburn; Keith Hackett; David Marlow; Lesley Askim; ????:

2nd Row

Graham Wilcox; Keith Wilcox; Graham Oxley; Diane Truelove; Janet Plant; Janet Spencer; Maureen Moseley; Beryl Shepperd, ????; Frank Weldham; Malcolm Roberts:

Bottom Row

Sandra Plumb; Pauline Swift; Ann Emsley; Beryl Bunting; Valerie Straw; Vera Addison; Janet Curry; Christine Newbold; Elsie Baxter; Janet Barnsley;

Fay White; Kenneth Yeardley:

Top Row

Alan Balm; Frank Holland;????;Tom Smedley; John Shirley; Keith Cranshaw; Roy Priest; Michael Taylor; Melvin Tyler?;

3rd Row

Marcel Robinson?; Rodney Scarborough; David Cartwright; Barry Brooks; Harold Lamb; David Swinburn; Keith Hackett; David Marlow; Lesley Askim; ????:

2nd Row

Graham Wilcox; Keith Wilcox; Graham Oxley; Diane Truelove; Janet Plant; Janet Spencer; Maureen Moseley; Beryl Shepperd, ????; Frank Weldham; Malcolm Roberts:

Bottom Row

Sandra Plumb; Pauline Swift; Ann Emsley; Beryl Bunting; Valerie Straw; Vera Addison; Janet Curry; Christine Newbold; Elsie Baxter; Janet Barnsley;

Top row ???? is Trevor Wilson. 3rd row ???? is Terry Beaumont. 2nd row ???? is Peter Murdock. So missing from the class photo are, Beryl Shaw, Alice Rooker, Vincent Bridon, David Barnes and Harry Hague, although I thought that was Harry between Keith Hackett and Leslie Askem. Not long after this photo was taken John Shirley was tragically knocked down and killed at Hillfoot Bridge, Terry Beaumont fell off a wall at Neepsend Station and after many months in hospital finished up going to an open air school. W/E.

Top row ???? is Trevor Wilson. 3rd row ???? is Terry Beaumont. 2nd row ???? is Peter Murdock. So missing from the class photo are, Beryl Shaw, David Barnes and Harry Hague, although I thought that was Harry between Keith Hackett and Leslie Askem. Not long after this photo was taken John Shirley was tragically knocked down and killed at Hillfoot Bridge, Terry Beaumont fell off a wall at Neepsend Station and after many months in hospital finished up going to an open air school. W/E.

Beryl's still about, Les Askham died a few years back, Frank and Barrie Weldon both gone.

Guest valeroadbaby

Mom remembers coming back for a reunion at the Ski Village about 10 years or more ago. Has there been anymore reunions since?

Would that be Stella and Fay?

HI W/E. My aunt kept a fish and chip shop at the corner of Vale rd and Mount rd, l don't know how long for, but l recall as a small boy about 6/7 years old going to visit them, her name was Edith and uncle's was Herbert Warwick, at this time around 1930/1 my Grandmother and Gr/D Croft lived with them Granny went blind through silver burnishing, Probably l am going back too far for anyone to remember this era,l recall there was a family across in Mount rd named Smith, had a daughter named Nellie, there was a kids playground with swings a little further up from the shop, after Granny and G/Dad died they moved to keep a grocery shop opposite the pub at Hillfoot Bridge, l hope this makes some sense to someone, and they recall some of this. Cheers Skeets

HI W/E. My aunt kept a fish and chip shop at the corner of Vale rd and Mount rd, l don't know how long for, but l recall as a small boy about 6/7 years old going to visit them, her name was Edith and uncle's was Herbert Warwick, at this time around 1930/1 my Grandmother and Gr/D Croft lived with them Granny went blind through silver burnishing, Probably l am going back too far for anyone to remember this era,l recall there was a family across in Mount rd named Smith, had a daughter named Nellie, there was a kids playground with swings a little further up from the shop, after Granny and G/Dad died they moved to keep a grocery shop opposite the pub at Hillfoot Bridge, l hope this makes some sense to someone, and they recall some of this. Cheers Skeets

Hi Skeets just got in from another bonfire, [3rd one this week] enjoyed every minute of it. I have not used my car all week so I don`t feel too guilty about the environment. Anyway about the chip shop. I can only remember it when it was owned by a Mr Turner and that would be in the 50s. Regarding the playground you remember, it was still there in my day but a new one complete with slide, rocking horse, roundabout and swings was built a bit higher up in the early 50s. I don`t remember a grocery shop opposite a pub at Hillfoot Bridge though, Nice to hear from you `skeets`. Regards, W/E.

Hi Skeets just got in from another bonfire, [3rd one this week] enjoyed every minute of it. I have not used my car all week so I don`t feel too guilty about the environment. Anyway about the chip shop. I can only remember it when it was owned by a Mr Turner and that would be in the 50s. Regarding the playground you remember, it was still there in my day but a new one complete with slide, rocking horse, roundabout and swings was built a bit higher up in the early 50s. I don`t remember a grocery shop opposite a pub at Hillfoot Bridge though, Nice to hear from you `skeets`. Regards, W/E.

Thinking about it, at the bottom of Wood Street opposite the Clifton Hotel there were a couple of boarded up shops, could have been one of those. Jessie Wragg the barber moved into one of them for a while after his shop just around the corner had been demolished.

Thinking about it, at the bottom of Wood Street opposite the Clifton Hotel there were a couple of boarded up shops, could have been one of those. Jessie Wragg the barber moved into one of them for a while after his shop just around the corner had been demolished.

Think this is where Skeets means.

Think this is where Skeets means.

neddy You're spot on, Harry her brother took it over, l don't recall the date, but she was there during the latter years of the war because l used to collect swill for our pigs from there every week, almost 65 years ago [where have they all gone] Cheers Skeets

Top Row

3rd Row

2nd Row

Bottom Row

I wouldn't have reckonized some of these without the names but now I can see it's them.

My friend was the younger sister to David Marlow, I secretly had a crush on him.

I think Graham Oxley is the older brother to Alan and Vera Addison the older sister to Jacklene .

Then there's Sandra Plumb, I remember going to her wedding in 1966.

Many thanks for the house photo's there's so few.

A couple of shots that should be familiar to all us ex P W S residents. Courtesy R J Wiseman. Top. How we got to Chaucer School after Hillfoot was down graded to junior and infants, Below. City bound at Rutland Road junction. P W S roof tops can be seen in the distant background. W/E.

A couple of shots that should be familiar to all us ex P W S residents. Courtesy R J Wiseman. Top. How we got to Chaucer School after Hillfoot was down graded to junior and infants, Below. City bound at Rutland Road junction. P W S roof tops can be seen in the distant background. W/E.

Two for RichardB, The Rutland Hotel and I think The Crown, the old one.

Guest valeroadbaby

I wouldn't have reckonized some of these without the names but now I can see it's them.

My friend was the younger sister to David Marlow, I secretly had a crush on him.

I think Graham Oxley is the older brother to Alan and Vera Addison the older sister to Jacklene .

Then there's Sandra Plumb, I remember going to her wedding in 1966.

mum remembers being good friends with Sandra Plumb at school,do you keep in touch still?

mum remembers being good friends with Sandra Plumb at school,do you keep in touch still?

No I haven't seen her since she split from her husband many years ago.

We use to go on some fun ladies coach trips in the late 60s, maybe your mum went too. :rolleyes:

We use to go on some fun ladies coach trips in the late 60s, maybe your mum went too. :rolleyes:

Last I saw of her she was living off Duke St. late 1980's.

Guest valeroadbaby

lol lol

We moved to cambridgeshire in the late 60s so mum missed out on the coach trips.

Mum does remember having a fun week in blackpool with Sandra when they were 16 (1959). lol