150th FOOTBALL AND BUSINESS EXHIBITION

Sheffield History

MAY 17TH - 23RD

150TH football and Business exhibition at the Millenium galleries.

Free Admisssion

The Sheffield Chamber and Commerce and the Sheffield Football club( the world's oldest football club) are celebrating there 150th anniversary.

As part of the celebrations there will be an exhibtion celebrating 150th Years of Football and Business.

The exhibtion will include

- Trophys, shirts and treasures from SWFC/SUFC AND SFC - Championship trophy, Derek Dooleys boots etc

- AS WELL AS THE FA CUP AFTER THE FA CUP FINALS

-Old business artefacts from world and sheffield related businesses.

- Interactive football games

- Video room with footage from sheffield footballers and celebrities

ETC

ADMISSION IS FREE!

I thought I would bring this one back up to the front as it opens next week. I am sure it will be of interest to a lot of our members

I thought I would bring this one back up to the front as it opens next week. I am sure it will be of interest to a lot of our members

Again, if anyone has the time and energy, we should play the "do you know who I am card" and try to get in there early, get some decent photos lol

We do have a lot of members, many of whom will not be able to make the event, but we're really interested.

Went Down on Friday and was not overly impressed. There are a few things worth seeing like Derek Dooley's boots and contract but over all I would not go out of my way to see it. Having said that the large video displays were not working. It may pick up next week when the FA cup is there.

Guest plain talker

I went to have a look at this the other day, thought it hugely disappointing.

It was not much obvious to me, that the display (well, the "script", anyway) was put together by someone who knew little, and cared less about this fine city.

Glaring errors, like - here's just one example, off the top of my head... a photograph of a tram passing the Marples which was titled "atkinsons department store." Pffft!

Looks for a ranting Smilie:- :angry::angry::wacko:<_<

yeah, they'll do. :)