Jimmy Dunne

delboy

Looking for interesting stories, pictures,about Jimmy Dunne Utd centre forward 1927-1933

for research purposes.

Can anyone Help?

Looking for interesting stories, pictures,about Jimmy Dunne Utd centre forward 1927-1933

for research purposes.

Can anyone Help?

Article from the Dublin Sunday Herald. This cutting was sent to me by an Irish relative some years ago. I understand that I am somehow related to Jimmy Dunne, but I don't know how. Enjoy.

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Article from the Dublin Sunday Herald. This cutting was sent to me by an Irish relative some years ago. I understand that I am somehow related to Jimmy Dunne, but I don't know how. Enjoy.

See first volume of Sheffield Football: A History, published by Hallamshire Press a few years ago.

Pix of Dunne here, too...

See first volume of Sheffield Football: A History, published by Hallamshire Press a few years ago.

Pix of Dunne here, too...

Just came across a reference that Jimmy Dunne scored 4 goals for the second match running as United beat Leicester 7-1 on 4th January 1930!

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Just came across a reference that Jimmy Dunne scored 4 goals for the second match running as United beat Leicester 7-1 on 4th January 1930!

Yes, three days earlier Jimmy Dunne had scored 4 against West Ham. He finished the season with 42 goals for the Blades in League and Cup matches.

Did you never hear of the expression Tunnie-Dunnit? This was because of the number of times that outside left Fred Tunstall crossed for Jimmy Dunne to head the ball into the net. They don't make 'em like that any more!

And before Dunne came on the scene there was little Harry Johnson, the lad from Ecclesfield who scored more than 200 goals for the Blades.