86 Townhead Street

Guest harve

My Grand mother died at the above address in 1960 Florence Maud Hargreaves could any one tell me if it still stands or if not where it was also what the name of the Public house was on th corner of Townhead and Campo was called, Regards Harve

My Grand mother died at the above address in 1960 Florence Maud Hargreaves could any one tell me if it still stands or if not where it was also what the name of the Public house was on th corner of Townhead and Campo was called, Regards Harve

Pub was The Golden Ball 10 Townhead Street-85 Campo Lane.

Could 86 be in the flats, think still there.

link to map,

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.382854&a...r=0&src=msl

I seem to remember that the flats originally ran all the way around into Townhead St. Can't remember the flat's name at the moment. Anyone help me out?

Pub was The Golden Ball 10 Townhead Street-85 Campo Lane.

Could 86 be in the flats, think still there.

link to map,

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.382854&a...r=0&src=msl

Re golden ball. Well that is great, dont think 86 is in Flats as that is odd number side of road, problem is I can see from old maps that there dosnt appear to be any houses on even side only commercial,

I seem to remember that the flate originally ran all the way around into Townhead St. Can't remember the flat's name at the moment. Anyone help me out?

I have old Map that shows buildings(Flats ) to be same as they are today 86 must have been opposite and most likely demolished

OOOoOOO a Pub question .... EEEEK

This has got to be favourite ...

Thomas Hawksley was Victualler of the Golden Ball, 69 Campo Lane & 6 Townhead Street as listed in Kelly's 1893 Directory.

There were plenty of Pubs on Townhead Street (Warm Hearthstone, Burns, Fountain, Crystal Palace, Ball) check out my SheffieldPubs thread, in the Pubs section.

I have old Map that shows buildings(Flats ) to be same as they are today 86 must have been opposite and most likely demolished

This may be a visual trap as the Golden Ball is on the same side of Townhead St. as the flats, it crosses Campo Lane and goes up towards Church St

Yes but the Flats do have odd numbers, may be if some one is going that way they could look see would be most obliged, Harvey,

Yes but the Flats do have odd numbers, may be if some one is going that way they could look see would be most obliged, Harvey,

Harvey,

The flats finish at No 82 and then there is a gap where the cars now drive through to park in the yard. Maybe Nos 84 & 86 were demolished to make way for the vehicle access.