Black Swan

JayneMu

Hi there everyone. I'm new to this site, so my question may have been asked before. I have done a search and can't find anything though, so here goes. Does anyone know if the big black swan sculpture that stood outside the pub is still in existance somewhere? Also does anyone know the final resting place of the big brass scales that you sat on to be weighed in the "Rag and Tag" market. Thanks.

Hm maybe Kelham has the answer. Its closed at the moment does anyone have any contacts?

Found this on sheff forum archive quote "the old lady in the market you was on about her name was called mrs nutt and those scales they weiged you with was the original weigh scales that came from doncaster race course years ago to weigh the jockeys,also she and her family used to be in the encliffe park near the cafe and weight you"

Are these the scales Weighing scales

cant find anything about the mucky ducks whereabouts.

"the old lady in the market you was on about her name was called mrs nutt and those scales they weiged you with was the original weigh scales that came from doncaster race course years ago to weigh the jockeys,also she and her family used to be in the encliffe park near the cafe and weight you"

Making no claims for this, other than its a Nutt !

Samuel Arthur Nutt, weighing machine proprietor 106 Valley Road, Meersbrook White's 1911, 1919, 1925

I was having a conversation about 'the scales' mentioned with a friend of mine, he is over eighty years of age.

He said that the man and woman who ran the weighing scale business in the market were the grand parents .. sure he said 'grand parents' but he may have said parents? of the famous Sheffield comedian 'Bobby Knutt'

Hm maybe Kelham has the answer. Its closed at the moment does anyone have any contacts?

Found this on sheff forum archive quote "the old lady in the market you was on about her name was called mrs nutt and those scales they weiged you with was the original weigh scales that came from doncaster race course years ago to weigh the jockeys,also she and her family used to be in the encliffe park near the cafe and weight you"

Are these the scales Weighing scales

cant find anything about the mucky ducks whereabouts.

Thanks for the info, the jockey weighing story sounds very plausible doesn't it. They looked as if they were made for something special.