Hello

Guest Kanga

Found this site from a thread on the SheffieldForum website.

I'm a relatively new resident in South Yorkshire originally coming from Mansfield near Nottingham. I have an interest in the history of my area and am always interested in seeing old and new photogaphs of the area particularly of Sheffield City where I work and more importantly (for me), Thorpe Hesley where I live.

I've no real stories of Sheffield of old apart from my Dad telling me he was given a tour around the 'Eggbox' council offices shortly before they were opened for the City Council, this was at the start of his career as a Surveyor. I arrived in Sheffield several years later to find they're pulling the buildings down! :(

Guest carlie167

I'm a relatively new resident in South Yorkshire originally coming from Mansfield near Nottingham. I have an interest in the history of my area and am always interested in seeing old and new photogaphs of the area particularly of Sheffield City where I work and more importantly (for me), Thorpe Hesley where I live.

I've no real stories of Sheffield of old apart from my Dad telling me he was given a tour around the 'Eggbox' council offices shortly before they were opened for the City Council, this was at the start of his career as a Surveyor. I arrived in Sheffield several years later to find they're pulling the buildings down! :(

Hi Kanga and welcome, you will find lots of pictures of Sheffield on here once youve had time to go through all the threads. I hope you enjoy it all as much as I do. :) :)

As an "old" resident of Sheffield (I left in 1981) I'm delighted the "eggbox" has gone ... but "horses for courses", hope you enjoy the site - Welcome to ya !