Tracing family

Guest pitsmoor

Guest pitsmoor

Hello there going to start tracing my family and because most of my time is took up with work was wondering whether or not i can do it online for free

Hello there going to start tracing my family and because most of my time is took up with work was wondering wether or not i can do it online for free

14 day free trail at Ancestry.co.uk, plus plenty of stuff here http://www.sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk/

Best to start with the living and work backwards into a state of abject confusion/misery and bankruptcy (like the rest of us !)

Guest karentrinder

14 day free trail at Ancestry.co.uk, plus plenty of stuff here http://www.sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk/

Best to start with the living and work backwards into a state of abject confusion/misery and bankruptcy (like the rest of us !)

Very Very funny and so accurate!

Still it keeps us nerds off the street! lol

Hello there going to start tracing my family and because most of my time is took up with work was wondering wether or not i can do it online for free

There is now an enormous amount of information on line. And just as important, there is a community of the equally insane who can advise help and counsel you.

Apart from this place I would recommend...

Sheffield Indexers

and

Sheffield and District Family History Society

Both these sites have message forums with obsessed and ingenious locals.

Both have lots of pages with information, indexes, transcriptions, links etc.

You don't have to subscribe to the Indexers site to post.

For the FHS you need to subscribe to the message board (free) to post, but you don't have to be a member of the Society.

Hugh