Yorkshire Terrier

Andrews

Sheffield Omnibus

Aston Express

South Riding

Wigmores

Richardsons

Northern Bus

What memories do you have of these or others?

My other half says she lost many hours of her life on Wigmores buses.

She lived in Laughton but worked in Sheffield so she had to catch the Wiggies at School road and then suffer the journey as it travelled through....Thurcroft....Whiston....Brinsworth....Attercliffe and finally Sheffield.

"I used to try and get on and get the seat near the heater...the only one on the bus.....to keep my feet warm"

We ahve looked all over tonight to find a picture of a Wiggies bus but can't find one for her.

Has anyone got one?

SYT (Mainline)

Sheffield & District

SUT

Mike Groves

Sid's Coaches

Ladyline

Don Valley Buses

Sheafline

Yorkshire Terrier

Andrews

Sheffield Omnibus

Aston Express

South Riding

Wigmores

Richardsons

Northern Bus

What memories do you have of these or others?

Got a late call to a factory in Dinnington yesterday and was met by one of the staff.

He had left his car in a garage to be repaired, so needed a lift home when I was done. On the way back we were chatting and it turrned out that he had driven, for quite some time for Booth and Fisher at Halfway.

He was telling me about the A.E.C's that they had and also had a tale or two about doing the odd shift for Northern Bus / Mass and there ECW Bristols (one of my favorites!)

As most other drivers, in Sheffield, he had started with the Corporation but he moved on and on until today, where he found his self working on special alloys for Rolls Royce.

Guest baldone

I worked for Wigmores in the 80's and now for First as I remember it took about 1hr to get from Falcon Square to Pond Street in Sheffield. From Thurcroft it took about half an hour back then but now it takes an hour and 15 minutes because it goes in the opposite direction. Instead of going Dinnington, Laughton, Thurcroft, Whiston, Brinsworth, Attercliffe then Pond Street in 1 hour it now goes from Rotherham bus station via Whiston, Thurcroft, Dinnington, Anston, Kiveton, Wales, Swallownest, Handsworth then down the Parkway to Sheffield in an hour and half. Thats progress for you. he he

Hi Baldone.

Can you tell us a bit more about Wigmores?

When did they cease trading and where was there depot? (I had heard it was on the site of the co-op)

I remember the Northern bus as it went up Stradbroke Road, where I used to live, it used to set all the car alarms of with its low exhaust note, better than an alarm clock and it didn't run Sunday. he he

A Booth and Fisher Bus for you

What year would the above Booth & Fisher bus have been.

I went to Dronfield Primary School 1963 - 1967 we used to travel to Stand Rd swimming baths in Chesterfield by Booth & Fisher bus, seem to think they were like this, is that possible? or would it have been an earlier model?

8628DT

AEC Reliance

2MU3RV3719

Roe

B45F

I seem to remember they were similar

By the way Shaun welcome to SheffieldHistory, we are a very friendly bunch here, there are a number of members with a "bus" interest, have a look through the Transport section you will find them lol

Guest Shaun Gisby

thanks stuart been having a good browse at some of them.

also if you need any pics of Sheffield buses let me know and i will see if i can find it

btw if your wondering what Bus is pictured as my Avatar it's an SUT bus another Sheffield compamy

thanks stuart been having a good browse at some of them.

also if you need any pics of Sheffield buses let me know and i will see if i can find it

btw if your wondering what Bus is pictured as my Avatar it's an SUT bus another Sheffield compamy

Have you seen this topic http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...ost&p=25571

These are some bus photo's I bought off Ebay some time ago.

Not strictly Sheffield but anyone remember Hulleys Buses ? In the 1950's/60's I recall going on the train to Grindleford then getting the Hulleys Bus to Baslow. I guess they went all over Derbyshire area.

@johnm

what years do you want i have a few Hulleys buses on file

I mainly remember then from the late 1950's and early 1960's so would value seeing one from that time if possible.

Thanks, John