Correct, I did not think that would be guessed lol

What I should have added is ..

that if you wear boots the holes in your socks will need mending

lol

What I should have added is ..

that if you wear boots the holes in your socks will need mending

lol

That's a Darn good clue there, boy!

Do you still have a mushroom then, lass!

:P

I think it is outside Boots lol

Probably the Darnall branch, with the tram turning from the Main Road spur into Staniforth Road to head back towards the City.

Round about here then .. picturesheffield

=================================================================

A Darn-all mushroom

Reckon so, photographer standing behind the railings seen on the RHS of the picture Sheffield image.

Couldn't think of a suitable riposte to the mushroom comment, which needled me for a bit as I thought you might have been trying to pull the wool over my eyes, but I now realise you are just a fungi. lol

I'll get my coat.

Guest transit

Best I could manage. There was a lot more traffic than I expected on a Sunday morning.

Any further back put the top of a concrete bollard in the shot.

Any further right put me in the road.

Tried to wait for a tram but it started pi-- la--. Raining heavily. :)

....great pic , many thanks ! - i've also noticed that ,in these "then & now" pics of trams , even the overhead wiring is more "modern" albeit less noticeable !!! as this pic shows ! - i supose in a few years there will be no overhead wires at all ? - i am surprised "modern technology"is still the same overhead as it was 50 years ago !

....great pic , many thanks ! - i've also noticed that ,in these "then & now" pics of trams , even the overhead wiring is more "modern" albeit less noticeable !!! as this pic shows ! - i supose in a few years there will be no overhead wires at all ? - i am surprised "modern technology"is still the same overhead as it was 50 years ago !

If they can do it with domestic power, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...icity-home.html

I think it is outside Boots lol

Probably the Darnall branch, with the tram turning from the Main Road spur into Staniforth Road to head back towards the City.

I knew it really

Another easy one, should get vox out of his van

I knew it really

But he's been there recently - will he want to go back so soon?

But he's been there recently - will he want to go back so soon?

As long as he can park his van, at 1st I thought it was Crookes, it was not until I posted it I realised it was ********* Rd

I knew it really

Same location different tram

A bit of a then and then comparison, looks like they were taken very close together.

A bit of a then and then comparison, looks like they were taken very close together.

513 again, this time in her real working environment. 10 years in service, 49 in preservation!!

At least one tram photographer liked this location, judging by the number of photos I've seen, looking both towards and away form the city.

Guest binsted71

Infirmary Road, opposite the Royal Infirmary. The junction with Bedford Street is on the right hand side just behind the tram.

for comparison

Madannies photo of 513 at fleetwood

I knew it really

Parked on the pavement :)

Not as easy as I thought. The new trams are so long that the photo just looked like a tram and some roof-tops so I went for a bus instead. (Not literally) I'm not sure if the position is correct either. The new building is quite off-putting as far as gauging that is concerned.

I've a feeling the shops in the original are actually gone and replaced by the new building, which means that my "now photo" should have been taken a bit further left.

What think you?

Infirmary Road from the junction with Montgomery Terrace Road

Parked on the pavement :)

Not as easy as I thought. The new trams are so long that the photo just looked like a tram and some roof-tops so I went for a bus instead. (Not literally) I'm not sure if the position is correct either. The new building is quite off-putting as far as gauging that is concerned.

I've a feeling the shops in the original are actually gone and replaced by the new building, which means that my "now photo" should have been taken a bit further left.

What think you?

Infirmary Road from the junction with Albert Terrace Road

Perhaps you are right, that is you you should be a little to to the left. Perhaps the building to the left of the tram pole is the building at the right of the old photo.

Other than that it has all the point of reference, Bedford St junction and the supermarket type building in the background. Not forgetting the most important bit your white van.

Perhaps you are right, that is you you should be a little to to the left. Perhaps the building to the left of the tram pole is the building at the right of the old photo.

Other than that it has all the point of reference, Bedford St junction and the supermarket type building in the background. Not forgetting the most important bit your white van.

You were not far out `vox`. The DIY store was originally Wigfalls electrical and cycle shop, the Transit type van in your photo is about where the tram stop used to be. W/E.

You were not far out `vox`. The DIY store was originally Wigfalls electrical and cycle shop, the Transit type van in your photo is about where the tram stop used to be. W/E.

I agree with that - left a bit etc....

Is it not Infirmary Road from Montgomery Terrace Road, not Albert Terrace Road?

Guest binsted71

Slightly left a bit and it is from Montgomery Terrace Road rather than Albert Terrace Road. I think that the 'supermarket' type building in the background is the post war extension to what was Blanchard's. It's now Wyndsor's World of Shoes.

Well I knew it was a famous dead bloke.

Edited - Thanks :)