Tram Locations

Stuart0742

Central Case Company on the right. (PictureSheffield)

Completely unrecognisable now.

When did the Central Case Co building go? It is there on Multimap (which I used to confirm the location of the tram), but has been swept away by something new on Google Maps.

When did the Central Case Co building go? It is there on Multimap (which I used to confirm the location of the tram), but has been swept away by something new on Google Maps.

I don't think the Multi-Map image is that old, the Central Case Co building was some sort of bathroom/kitchen dealer then

As VOX says now completely unrecognisable

The then photo for this one, was in an earlier post in this topic, it is virtually the same location but looking in the other direction.

Again completely different

The then photo for this one, was in an earlier post in this topic, it is virtually the same location but looking in the other direction.

Not as completely different as some locations, though: at least the road layout is pretty much the same, not like some parts of the city (such as the Duke Street/Broad Street area)

Guest transit

Not as completely different as some locations, though: at least the road layout is pretty much the same, not like some parts of the city (such as the Duke Street/Broad Street area)

...WHAT A SMALL WORLD !!!!!! - i noticed both of the above posts of the tram locations - Stuart and Mad A - have both just missed one of the most superb preservations of Sheffield pubs in the City ! (at least on the outside !) which IS still there on these locations! - 10 ' lower - 90 degree? right on Stuarts pic - IO' left on MA 'S Pic. ?

Now to keep on topic - this pub is where the SOES (Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts Society) meet reguarly to talk trams / buses ect of Sheffield / South Yorks transport of past , and present !

If anyone (ex employees / enthusiasts , ect) would like to reminisce , let me know. !

Guest transit

...WHAT A SMALL WORLD !!!!!! - i noticed both of the above posts of the tram locations - Stuart and Mad A - have both just missed one of the most superb preservations of Sheffield pubs in the City ! (at least on the outside !) which IS still there on these locations! - 10 ' lower - 90 degree? right on Stuarts pic - IO' left on MA 'S Pic. ?

.... heres a pic of this superb building .......

Guest transit

Now to keep on topic - this pub is where the SOES (Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts Society) meet reguarly to talk trams / buses ect of Sheffield / South Yorks transport of past , and present !

If anyone (ex employees / enthusiasts , ect) would like to reminisce , let me know. !

...heres a link for anyone interested ---- www.soes.org.uk ----- check it out !

...heres a link for anyone interested ---- www.soes.org.uk ----- check it out !

No Transit I did not miss the Rutland

19/02/2010

Guest transit

No Transit I did not miss the Rutland

19/02/2010

...yes nice pic ! - just about the only original building left round that area !

A bit further round the corner, Brown St looking towards Paternoster Row. The Kennings building is more or less the same (exterior)

Guest binsted71

I feel I should know this <_<

Looks like Barnsley Road, where Scott Road joins it near to Firs Hill School.

Clearly you need an eye test Madannie.

You failed to notice the large tram in the original picture. he he

Went that way today and got this along with a few pub signs.

I could have phrased it better, I suppose :rolleyes: . Or perhaps the fascination with trams is beginning to affect my mind - there is a reason for the mad in Madannie! :wacko:

Great then and now again, vox: good to see the van in there.

I am certain this location should be easy to identify, but I can't get my brain to work properly at the moment - too many other things on my mind.

I am certain this location should be easy to identify, but I can't get my brain to work properly at the moment - too many other things on my mind.

Seen that one before MA,

and I never put it on here thinking it would be an easy one (no I don't know the answer)

it will be interesting to find out what John Smiths PH is shown in the photograph

Seen that one before MA,

and I never put it on here thinking it would be an easy one (no I don't know the answer)

it will be interesting to find out what John Smiths PH is shown in the photograph

Unfortunately the print that I have is not very good quality, so the pub name is not visible, and neither is any destination on the tram. It looks so identifiable, with the pub and the crossover, but it is eluding my befuddled brain at the moment.

Guest alexander

Sorry - cant help with the location - but as for the tram , 536 , this was THE very last tram to be built /delivered to Sheffield back in 1952(before the re-introduction of Supertram) and was one of the 36 (501 to 536) publicly loved "Roberts" style models. Although very modern and stylish at the time, there was disbelief and sadness when they were scrapped with the abandenment of the tramway system back in 1960 , when trams like 536 were cut up for scrap when approx only 9 years old! In comparison the Supertram today is around 14 years old! Fortunately sister trams 510 and 513 wera saved for preservation and can be seen at Crich and Beamish

536 was built by Charles Roberts of Wakefield but only 502-536 , 501 was built by Sheffield Transport Department at Queens Road .