Tram Locations

Stuart0742

For your next mission should you wish to accept it :)

I think it is Page Hall Road, near the junction with Firth Park Road. Map 84 is useful in my attempt to describe this. I think the shop to the left of the tram is no 19 Page Hall Road, and the building to the right is no 52.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

I think it is Page Hall Road, near the junction with Firth Park Road. Map 84 is useful in my attempt to describe this. I think the shop to the left of the tram is no 19 Page Hall Road, and the building to the right is no 52.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

I can't argue against that

No. 19 Pagehall Rd was a decorating shop (1970 Kellys). it looks like one in the photo

I can't argue against that

No. 19 Pagehall Rd was a decorating shop (1970 Kellys). it looks like one in the photo

Thats odd - there was no arrow there when I looked at Map 84 earlier lol

Its on my copy lol

I think you should share these maps with the arrows - it would make identifying the photo locations a lot easier! he he

No map yet for this one - yet :P

Don't need one for this. Crookes terminus on Heavygate Road. Wonder if any tram driver got it wrong and took out the bollard?

I think you should share these maps with the arrows - it would make identifying the photo locations a lot easier! he he

Here's a map which points out the exact spot on the arrow where the tram is.

It's very useful because it works for every single location. :)

++++++++++++++

Besides that:

I thought that was why trams had this bit sticking out of the top. :)

That was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be.

Either the photographer was 7ft tall or he was standing on a wall or something which has since been removed.

This is with the camera held right above my head.

Even though there doesn't appear to be much to line up with, I think the position is about right. If you look closely, the gateway (now bricked up) in the wall, is just visible to the left of the lamp post.

Couldn't get a bus in the shot. One came but I didn't get it in time. Too cold to wait for another.

That was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be.

Either the photographer was 7ft tall or he was standing on a wall or something which has since been removed.

This is with the camera held right above my head.

Even though there doesn't appear to be much to line up with, I think the position is about right. If you look closely, the gateway (now bricked up) in the wall, is just visible to the left of the lamp post.

Couldn't get a bus in the shot. One came but I didn't get it in time. Too cold to wait for another.

I thought with buses you waited all day then 2 came together lol

I'd second that. Well spotted. (if it's right :) )

Could be wishful thinking, but is part of Hillsborough's South Stand visible between the tram and the wall, at the level of the tram mirror? The building looks to be in the same place as the rather larger South Stand which can be seen in a Google Street view from roughly the same spot. Sorry for the lack of a link to street view, but I can't get it to work properly. I am surre someone will succeed where I have failed dismally.

Could be wishful thinking, but is part of Hillsborough's South Stand visible between the tram and the wall, at the level of the tram mirror? The building looks to be in the same place as the rather larger South Stand which can be seen in a Google Street view from roughly the same spot. Sorry for the lack of a link to street view, but I can't get it to work properly. I am surre someone will succeed where I have failed dismally.

It's there.

Even more to the point Madannie, look at the shaped stone wall in front of the tram. :)

It's there.

Even more to the point Madannie, look at the shaped stone wall in front of the tram. :)

Indeed. I forgot to mention the wall. How are you going to get the white van in shot here, vox?

Indeed. I forgot to mention the wall. How are you going to get the white van in shot here, vox?

Short answer - I couldn't :( (I do have a cunning plan for next time though) ;-)

I'll go back for a better shot when it's not quite so overcast.

Middlewood Road. Junction with Leppings Lane

South Road - Walkley

Is that the famous "white van" in the right of the "now" shot?

SteveHB and Stuart0742 have "watermarked" most of their own pictures with "pipopic" ans "stuart0742" in red.

Is vox's trade mark to include his own van in every picture as a sort of "watermark"?

Is that the famous "white van" in the right of the "now" shot?

SteveHB and Stuart0742 have "watermarked" most of their own pictures with "pipopic" ans "stuart0742" in red.

Is vox's trade mark to include his own van in every picture as a sort of "watermark"?

Thats his plan, a bit like Alfred Hitchcocks cameo appearances in his own films