Tram Locations

Stuart0742

MY first reaction is Bottom of exchange street the building in the back ground is the canal wharfe.

Any one esle any sugestions

MY first reaction is Bottom of exchange street the building in the back ground is the canal wharfe.

Any one esle any sugestions

Sorry 'bus man' was just editing my post, that was xact what I was thinking 'canal wharfe'.

Steve

Sorry 'bus man' was just editing my post, that was xact what I was thinking 'canal wharfe'.

Steve

I agree now I have had a good look

Steve, where does the destination "Beauchief" appear

unless you saw this photo where I saw it

I agree now I have had a good look

Steve, where does the destination "Beauchief" appear

unless you saw this photo where I saw it

Hi Stuart, I would say we both sourced the same photo.

The building in the far left of you're tram photo is the grain warehouse (built 1889) on the canal wharf.

Guest transit

Shrewsbury hospital is on norfolk road unless Iam having a senior moment

.... at your age busman ,it is only to be expected !!!!! i am sure we can forgive you !!! lol

Can anyone say where the Shrewsbury Hospital was in this area, Skeets.

Hi Skeets

There is a photo in Geoffrey Howse's Sheffield book in the "Britain in Old Photograhs" series of the Corn Exchange taken c 1910 here is the caption

Until I saw this, i would have made the same comments about Shrewsbury Hospital being on Norfolk Rd.

Angel Street , with the Bridge Street bus station just out of shot at the back. ;-)

Got to be a better, more informed answer than mine.

Angel Street , with the Bridge Street bus station just out of shot at the back. ;-)

I think that behind the Trams you would find the old B&C co-op castle house building

Guest transit

I think that behind the Trams you would find the old B&C co-op castle house building

...just to elaborate.... i meant Bridge St bus station is down the hill ,at the bottom ,just out of shot (left side of photo) ;-)

...just to elaborate.... i meant Bridge St bus station is down the hill ,at the bottom ,just out of shot (left side of photo) ;-)

What about this one