Jessop Hospital

mickjj

Anyone got any photos of how Jessop Hospital looks now? Looks as though the last set of photos was posted in October last year. :unsure:

Just bringing this to the top of the pile again to see if anyone has an update????

Went by there on my trip home a couple of weeks ago but sadly did not have my camera with me. The new buildings have shot up and look close to completion. I am not sure what the plan is for the original building which of course is still there.

Went by there on my trip home a couple of weeks ago but sadly did not have my camera with me. The new buildings have shot up and look close to completion. I am not sure what the plan is for the original building which of course is still there.

Oh thats a shame, but thanks for the update.

Anyone else got any recent photos please?

I was born in this hospital back in the 60's.

It broke my heart when I discovered it was being demolished. I cried - I mean really cried. Part of Sheffield's history and my own personal history gone forever for yet ANOTHER University project.

Breaks my heart.

At least Henderson's pickle factory is still across the road.

I was born at Jessops in 1952.

I now live in East Yorkshire and I still love Hendersons Relish. Used to have to buy in bulk when visiting Sheffield or relatives visited me but can now buy locally. Now thats progress

Oh thats a shame, but thanks for the update.

Anyone else got any recent photos please?

A not so much of an update for those interested in this site, it looks exactly the same as the photo's posted in 2009 further up this page, albeit with metal shutters on the windows of the derelict Edwardian building instead of wood.

The Edwadian building is listed as many will know, and has recently had its roof made water tight.

The university has new plans to build a huge lecture theatre on the site of the demolished part of the site.

Edit: I was born there in 1979.