Pulse & Vogue

Sheffield History

PULSE & VOGUE

Pulse & Vogue Arena Leisure Park, Terry Street, Sheffield, S9 2BU

INFORMATION

Now the home of Insight, Pulse and Vogue was an out of town nightclub that didn't last long due to location mostly.

There were 2 nightclubs here

Pulse nightclub - Over 18's and the 'younger' of the two playing more chart and dance orientated music

Vogue nightclub - Over 25's club catering for the more mature Sheffielders out there

The clubs were served by a free bus, and there were reps in the city centre handing out flyers, free tickets and whatever else they could do to entice you to get on the bus to Attercliffe.

Barnsley company Brooke Leisure bought up the former Pulse and Vogue nightclubs and transferred that licence into the city centre after their initial application for a brand new licence in the city failed.

Also there was a pre-club bar called Hotshots

PICTURES

Guest markcurtains

Pulse & Vogue, they were the days, used to go round town Firday night, get the free bus outside the Fire Station or sometimes just go straight to Hotshots for a few before hand, then down the little corridor into Pulse, past the bouncers and try your luck sneaking into vogue to get the handstamp so you could flit between both clubs.

Remember going when it first opened and being genuinely impressed by the place and the DJ announcing that "in 5 weeks time, appearing live at Pulse would be Ultra Nate" who sang some dodgy dance anthem that I forget. then the following week he'd be there again "in 4 weeks time, appearing live etc" this went on every week, me and my mate actually missed the performance as we didn't go the week Ultra Nate was there but sure enough the following week, jusyt before he played the single, "this time last week, Ultra Nate appeared here live..."

Me and my mate did pretty well for the ladies in there, we basically went as the waitresses from his restaurant were going to be there and for a few months over that golden summer, we had some very good nights.

The added bonus for us was that as we lived in Firth Park it was in walking distance if we'd spent all our taxi money on beer. good times. Cheers

That corridor from Hotshots to Pulse was strange.

You could go into it sober, come out in the 'mothership' of Pulse and feel like you'd had 20 pints.

I assume I'm not meant to have heard of this place .... ? It wasn't a Victorian-Boogie-Woogie-type-place .... lol

Struggling with the Street name to be honest ...

Sounds like fun, but after I left Sheffield (the whole City Cheered .... honest, at least relatives and friends)

It was a purpose-built place, right next to Sheffield Arena on the Attercliffe Road side. Opened mid-late 90's and close about 2001ish??

Yeah totally agree with the impressed bit when it first opened we were like wow,we used to go every saturday for about 3months cos its wasnt that dear really and you colud spend the night without getting that bored between them 3places & also hot shots used to have wheel what they spun and it often ended up on 3bottles of miller genuine etc for price of 1 probably summit to do we the place closing down but shame cos it was summit different from the norm of evey pub in sheffield,just used to make a change etc with players bar etc aswell :(

Guest bram1017

Loved the place, actually closed millenium eve. Remember it well upto about 1a.m cos all drinks were £1 after that all got a bit messy!!

Good job I had good mates with me or would probably still trying to get home now!!

Great place,great times shame it had to close.

Guest Unitedite

It was a purpose-built place, right next to Sheffield Arena on the Attercliffe Road side. Opened mid-late 90's and close about 2001ish??

Actually closed about 04.00 am in the early morning of 01/01/2000, i.e. Millenium Night-Day was it's final night. I was there.

I seem to recall that the laser lights were taken out and reused at The Kingdom Night Club.

Missed the place for a long, long time afterwards.

Guest russ72

I remember Hotshots had bizarre competitions. For instance you could win a holiday to Magaluf or somewhere similar like Ibiza. However you had to perform grotesque stunts, for instance I remember one where this guy had to get someone else to take their sock off, and then he had to put the sock over the glass and then down the drink in 1.

Players bar was cool, I remember watching England matches in there during the World Cup when Michael Owen was playing. Was a really good atmosphere. Was surprising that it closed as it always seemed quite busy and also did decent food upstairs.

Pulse and Vogue were great as described above. I can't add much more to that apart from Pulse was the dancy younger part and Vogue was the (slightly more) classier side which played quite a lot of 70's and 80's music.

Also while they were still open Club Wow opened, on the other side of the road, and Brannigans must have appeared about the same time.

Good times...

Sadly none of the above remain any more.

Guest Dazza2k20

omg i used to go regular there it was an awesome club, loved the foam parties too. We need to bring something like that back into sheffield not the same anymore, it was always have a few drinks in town, go to hotshots then pulse..good times lol lol

omg i used to go regular there it was an awesome club, loved the foam parties too. We need to bring something like that back into sheffield not the same anymore, it was always have a few drinks in town, go to hotshots then pulse..good times lol lol

P + V truly was an awesome venue and you are right, they do'nt make em like they used to anymore.

Bit of a trip down memory lane attached. Hope it brings back the memories.

Missed a few days at work through P + V.

Superb - thank you !!

As it would seem that you too worshipped at the Terry Street Temple, a few additional flyers from that wonderful time.

Guest Dazza2k20

If it was in the city centre, it would still be there now what an awesome vibe it was, especially going from hotshots to pulse lol those flyers certainly brought the memories back