Looking for David B Staves

Sheffield History

I'm trying to track down David B Staves who used to run an old 'lost pubs' website under the banner 'swineherd unlimited productions'

I believe he is/was a regular around Hillsborough/Shalesmoor pubs ?

We also know he might be involved in the Sheffield Folk Scene and have traced some of his messages on various internet sites such as 'the humble pork pie', and also found his pictures on various sites (we've emailed to see if they can help)

He also did some pictures for a band called 'trinculo' that we've seen

If anyone knows him please ask him to visit the site or email us ?

Sussed it - many thanks to anonymous for emailing David's email address to me

Did he used to work at the Sheffield Smelting co.Sounds like the David Staves I used to know.MASSIVE fan of Fairport Convention and used to make an annual pilgrimage to Cropredy.

I was an old friend of Dave's from the early seventies and we used to frequent the same pubs, venues etc and I remember his girl-friend
at the time, Gwen.
He used to live with his family on Mowson Lane in Worrall and, as far as I know, still lives in the village and is a prime mover in the local
Real Ale community.

His mom once embroidered this fantastic Pink Fairies logo onto a plain black t-shirt of mine which became the envy of all my friends - guess you'll
know who this is now Dave.....we went down to the old Empire Pool at Wembley to see Alice Cooper supported by Roxy Music and got the 5am mail train home.......

Haven't seen him for so long it's not true. Hope you're okay and doing well brother

I worked with Dave and visited his parent's house in Worrall. Last time I saw him many years ago he was living in Hillsborough. Would love to get in touch with him again.