The Old Light Horseman

Sheffield History

Guest senseisimon

Yes that's me a lot younger and a lot lighter too do you like the obligatory 80s moustache.

Cheers :lol:

Alwright mate

Lorraine just asked me to ask you if your still doing DISCO's

hi simon yes i remember you well a few years have past since i last saw you lot lollollol had some laughs in horseman i'm sure you remember bonfire nights too...

Guest senseisimon

hi simon yes i remember you well a few years have pasted since i last saw you lot lollollol had some laughs in horseman i'm sure you remember bonfire nights too...

WHAT YOU UP TO NOW?

It has been along time and yes i do remember bonfire night and lots of other good times we had.

Hi Simon I can remember you and your bruv how's he doin' sorry I didn't post sooner have been away for awhile just got back today tell Lorraine I packed in the DJ game about 14 years ago and I'm into the IT business now and doin' fine do you still see any of the old faces???? It's good to here from you cheers mate.

Guest senseisimon

Hi Simon I can remember you and your bruv how's he doin' sorry I didn't post sooner have been away for awhile just got back today tell Lorraine I packed in the DJ game about 14 years ago and I'm into the IT business now and doin' fine do you still see any of the old faces???? It's good to here from you cheers mate.

Hi

Our Nathans doing ok mate, Dont really see any of the old faces. Lorraine and Derek are ok .

They have some pics they want me to post so thats something to look forward too.

speak soon

Simon

I'll look forward to seeing the pics Simon and It's good to here Derek & Lorraine are doing ok.

John DIXON Vict. Light Horseman Philadelphia Place Baine's 1822

Maria DIXON Taverns & Public Houses (Light Horseman) Philadelphia Pigot's 1828-9

Maria DIXON Vict. Light Horseman Philadelphia White's 1833

John DIXON Vict. Light Horseman Philadelphia Pigot's 1841

Joseph MORTON Vict. Light Horseman Philadelphia White's 1852

Hugh HILL Vict. Light Horseman PH 155 Penistone Road Kelly's 1893

Thomas BARBER Old Light Horseman PH 155 Penistone Road White's 1919

Thomas BARBER Vict. Old Light Horseman P.H. 155 Penistone Road Kelly's 1925

Anyone any proof of where Philadelphia Place was, please ?

Guest diode_blade

I used to work at Rotary Electrical just literally just up the road, 1978 till 1993 when about 30 from the firm got made redundant. Used to go in the Light Horseman every Friday (and sometimes when we were working overtime!!) for a pint and game of pool with the others from Rotary, lovely little pub as was. The buildings that once were Rotary are now a church..St Thomas or something.

flyingpig- I am writing a book aboutt Sheffield pubs and i would love to use your pics- please pm or email me- sheffieldpubs@outlook.com I will give you a pic credit when i go to print