Unadopted Roads

RichardB

Unadopted roads are not maintained by the Council, situation may have changed but there is/was one in Hillsborough/Malin Bridge area, anyone know of any others please ? Or indeed which one I am thinking of ...

I have memories when I was a kid seeing a street sign with the word 'unadopted' on it. I spent a lot of my time around the walkley, crookesmoor area and went to school at Myers Grove, but the precise location does not spring to mind.

A guess would be the road leading from Stannington Road just opposite the Anvil Pub, down to the Moushole Mill

I've thought of three, one Malin Bridge up towards Dial House; one between Malin Bridge and Walkley; one in Stocksbridge (tough one)

Guest codeyes

Seem to remember when I was young in the 50s that there was an unadopted road opposite the Anvil pub on Stannington Road or a bit further up across from Butler Road.......Low Lane rings a bell but the memory fades

Unadopted roads are not maintained by the Council, situation may have changed but there is/was one in Hillsborough/Malin Bridge area, anyone know of any others please ? Or indeed which one I am thinking of ...

i used to live on New St in High Green which was unadopted, a nightmare when any repairs needed doing. :(

Speeton Road in Walkley?

Unsure of this one lol

Still not got my three, Malin Bridge/Dial House, up Dykes Lane basically

Malin Bridge to Walkley - got a Pub on the end of it

Stocksbridge - too difficult unless you live there !

Guest carlie167

I seem to remember years ago, Farm Rd, just off Granville Rd, was unadopted. Dont know about now though. <_<

Guest Trefcon

Hi

Upwell Hill, off Owler lane springs to mind.

Tarmac now but a few years ago a satanic malestrom of Hades like pits and craters, ready to cast you down to old Nick himself !!

Guest plain talker

the road off Shrewsbury road, now known as Barnes Court was an unadopted road, but about 25 years ago Northern Counties housing assoc built some flats there, and I think it ceased to be U?A after that.

I know of a couple of little lanes in Broomhall, off Park lane that are "private roads", one either side of Collegiate Crescent.

Infield Lane,Darnall,between High Hazels Park and the allotments.This is a secondary access road to the park and Tinsley Park golf club.It has suffered severe flytipping in recent years,being in an out-of-the-way place,but there is hope of housing development at the Darnall end soon,so things may improve.

There are at least three in Stocksbridge - I live on on of them - and at least three in Deepcar,

Welcome to you, Maddie, you're not my sister are you ? lol

Can you list 'em ?

lol,

I will try

Deepcar.....................St Ann's road, Frank Hillock Field, Part of Grove road

Stocksbridge......................Brook Row, Part of Newton Lane, Knoll Close

There may be more but I can't think of them now

lol,

I will try

Deepcar.....................St Ann's road, Frank Hillock Field, Part of Grove road

Stocksbridge......................Brook Row, Part of Newton Lane, Knoll Close

lNewton Lane, Knoll Close

My sister is part of Newton Avenue (unadopted, the Avenue, not my Sister !)

Guest kenfozzy

Farm Road. Starting at the junction of Queens Road/btm. Granville Road, to the very end of East Bank Road at the old Ice Rink/Bowling Ally.

During my recent visit, the condition of some roads made we wonder if the council realised they were adopted. I seem remember a poem broadcast on Radio Sheffield about the roads, contained the line "You can always tell when you're back in Sheffield..... anyone remember it?

In the sixties there was one off King James St. I think either Cross King James St. (Up top left before it met Grammer St.) or Rose or Falka St which were opposite each other at the bottom end, above the Lyceum pub..