Lost Pubs

Sheffield History

You're right - I'm going to pick up a copy as I have to pick some other stuff up for the site from town too

You're right - I'm going to pick up a copy as I have to pick some other stuff up for the site from town too

I searched high and low for it, even asked Douglas Lamb (the author)if he had a spare copy.

I managed to get it on ebay last October.

Good Luck

Thanks - I'll have to dig one out from somewhere as it's not on t'internet anywhere !

There's a couple of other books that sound useful too

Thanks - I'll have to dig one out from somewhere as it's not on t'internet anywhere !

There's a couple of other books that sound useful too

What are they? You never know someone may have spare copies.

I'll try and dig out the titles - I found them today as I was rummaging around and thought "I'll write them down as I might forget em"

Guess what...

:D

There's a book - "A pub on every corner"

Does anyone know where I can get a copy ?

ADMIN, do you think we have uncovered the "Lost Pubs" yet ? :rolleyes:

ADMIN, do you think we have uncovered the "Lost Pubs" yet ? :rolleyes:

Not got "A pub on every corner" but I have an autographed copy by Douglas Lamb of his other book "Lest we forget". Information in this states that it was published in 1998-9 (after a pub on every corner) by

Pickards Publishing

Unit 11

Riverside Park

Sheaf Gardens

Sheffield

S2 4BB

telephone 0114 2757222 or 2757444

Got the signed copy from Douglas around 2002 -3 when he gave a talk at one of our Sheffield Steam Club social evenings in The Centre Spot. After his presentation he was selling signed copies of his book. I am sure he had "A pub on every corner" then. Wish I had bought a copy of it now :(

Douglas was a nice guy, wanted to be paid for his services in pipe tobacco, and more suprising, having written a book about pubs, he would not accept being bought a drink in the Centre Spot and only drank water and soft drinks himself all evening.