1840s burial records

Guest tsavo

Still keeping a look our for Richard's gggf, came upon this site that lists ages and causes of deaths in 1840's Sheffield. One cause of death is given as:

"Visitation of God". Is this to indicate a sudden of unexplained death? Number 11 is the death of an infant just 11weeks old.....makes us realise how lucky we are with modern medicine.

Still keeping a look our for Richard's gggf, came upon this site that lists ages and causes of deaths in 1840's Sheffield. One cause of death is given as:

"Visitation of God". Is this to indicate a sudden of unexplained death? Number 11 is the death of an infant just 11weeks old.....makes us realise how lucky we are with modern medicine.

Thanks for looking, I'll post some more information in another link. What's the site please ? I remember having a laugh at some of the descriptions ... "Threw himself out of a window whilst under the influence of madness" etc

Sorry folks, forgot to post the link and noe I can't find it now. Must have Googler's Block! Will keep looking and I'll find it. If anyone else is looking it's an Excel layout of 259 or so pages.

Oh, and I also found out that "Visitation by God was also known as 'The Workhouse Disease'.

Sure is my friend. Thanks for that. My new computer is Portuguese and I'm having to navigate in that language. Darned if I could find the History (windows) list to find it again. You had to be tough in those days, just to survive childhood, if you were poor. Thanks for finding it!

Can remember the wife finding one of her great greats had died from natural decay, she thought he'd died and they'd found him rotted. :rolleyes:

Can remember the wife finding one of her great greats had died from natural decay, she thought he'd died and they'd found him rotted. :rolleyes:

lollol lol