Die Cast Model Trams

Guest Beano

I collect Sheffield model trams and buses - Does anyone know where I can get a die cast Roberts Tram - I have found kits to make one (not within my skill set!) but not a completed model.

Thanks

I collect Sheffield model trams and buses - Does anyone know where I can get a die cast Roberts Tram - I have found kits to make one (not within my skill set!) but not a completed model.

Thanks

The Roberts car has to be the best looking tram ever!

I have never seen a modle of one though...most models seem to be a sort of generic "rocker panel" type...a improved standard would make a nice model too!

The Roberts car has to be the best looking tram ever!

I have never seen a modle of one though...most models seem to be a sort of generic "rocker panel" type...a improved standard would make a nice model too!

I've looked everywhere but never found one - like you say it's a great tram - I have a painting of 'Sheffield's Last Tram" and remember riding on it years ago - I saw the original at the tram museum last time we were in England. I have all the Sheffield trams and buses available in die-cast and most of those from the rest of Yorkshire and this would complete my collection. I also tried to find someone to make the kit for me but never got anywhere.

Cheers, Paul

Guest transit

I've looked everywhere but never found one - like you say it's a great tram - I have a painting of 'Sheffield's Last Tram" and remember riding on it years ago - I saw the original at the tram museum last time we were in England. I have all the Sheffield trams and buses available in die-cast and most of those from the rest of Yorkshire and this would complete my collection. I also tried to find someone to make the kit for me but never got anywhere.

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul - there is currently a couple of Sheffield tram KITS for sale on Ebay. One is the Roberts type and the other is a Standard domed roof type. Although they are kits ,they do make superb models with a bit of time and patience! Just type in "sheffield tram" and search. -or item no. 130176291629 .The items finish in the next couple of days. Just as a sidenote , my wifes grandad was the original signwriter who painted Roberts car 510 (which is preserved at Crich) in its final "Sheffields Last Tram" guise ,which it still carries today!

Try sheffield transport models on london road

or there's TAGs on Fitallen Square or Rails on Chesterfield Road