Christmas is Coming

syrup

Hi Fellow SHs

Sorry but someone had to mention the C word eventually and i happened to find a Personalised Christmas Post Card from what seems to be a distant Uncle Dated December 1904.

So when do you think people started personalising Christmas Cards only the way it reads he did this for a living ?

syrup looking back to the nineteen hundreds, i bet that card took hours if not days of work to produce.

And i find it amazing that these days a card like that can be made and printed using a computer, all in a matter of minutes.

I have cleaned the photo/scan up a bit, hope you don't mind.

syrup looking back to the nineteen hundreds, i bet that card took hours if not days of work to produce.

And i find it amazing that these days a card like that can be made and printed using a computer, all in a matter of minutes.

I have cleaned the photo/scan up a bit, hope you don't mind.

Hi SteveHB Thanks for that i could have cleaned it up ( Possibly not as good as you did ) makes you wonder how good it would have looked when it was new and what reaction it would have caused when received by my Great Grandad and family that Christmas or New Year judging by the post mark.