For those that moved to another Country

Matador

Why did you Leave and is your life better or worse because of that move

I moved to the USA in 83 travelled all around and landed in Prescott Valley Arizona.

Standard of living is better, Material wealth is better, I work for myself (I build and paint Models for Museums and Private Collectors) but the Health care system is rubbish the schooling is rubbish and the constant danger from guns is something you live with on a daily basis. I hate the Countries Politics I feel that Bush has destroyed 40yrs of Diplomatic relations and he is even talking about WWIII and yet the politicians allow him to carry on, ah well not much I can do about it.

I have to have my British Food fix at least once a month and I miss having a good natter down the Pub.

Thought about moving back a couple of years ago but the cost of housing etc etc etc put a stop to that.

David Cooke

A Yorkshirelad in the USA.

Why did you Leave and is your life better or worse because of that move

I moved to the USA in 83 travelled all around and landed in Prescott Valley Arizona.

Standard of living is better, Material wealth is better, I work for myself (I build and paint Models for Museums and Private Collectors) but the Health care system is rubbish the schooling is rubbish and the constant danger from guns is something you live with on a daily basis. I hate the Countries Politics I feel that Bush has destroyed 40yrs of Diplomatic relations and he is even talking about WWIII and yet the politicians allow him to carry on, ah well not much I can do about it.

I have to have my British Food fix at least once a month and I miss having a good natter down the Pub.

Thought about moving back a couple of years ago but the cost of housing etc etc etc put a stop to that.

David Cooke

A Yorkshirelad in the USA.

I moved to Canada in 1995. No particular reason, I was offered a job, and decided if I declined the invite I may regret it for the rest of my days by wondering what might have been. It's not as bad for us here as we get a lot of British TV, sport etc. There are also still a fair few Brits around, although anti-British immigration policies from successive Canadian governments have reduced the new migrants.

I try to get home at the very least every couple of years, and have thought about moving back, but I'd need a job with a substantial increase in salary, and even then....current housing prices in blighty put me off. Maybe Australia might be a better option?

I do still love Sheffield though, and get very very very irritated by ex-pat Brits here badmouthing our homeland.