10 days to go

RichardB

Frog-features (wifelette) and me off on holiday on 22nd, can't wait.

We're old and gnarly so we were worried about the ticketless flight and "stuff", but, we've been to the airport, we're all checked out, just need to pack, that's 800 Kgs of luggage for her and a spare pair of shreddies and socks for me. We have a three day "delay" built into our trip so our luggage can catch up with us; first visit to USA luggage took 2 days - how bad can it get ?

Hoping to get some shopping in for clothes for the Mrs, she has real bother finding stuff that fits; gets pee'd-off having to wear cut-off jeans as if they were "normal", me ? I just look forward to the trip, to meeting up with friends again and having a poke around for some old steel. Expect something about old barbed-wire, whether Sheffield or not I don't know, I do know its very detailed and very old (even by my standards).

All sorted really, except the wife ... 30 years younger and six inches taller .... Gosh I'm in bother now !!!!

Have a great trip Richard. Me and the Missus head out on Tuesday to four days in Barbados then hop on a cruise ship for a fourteen day sailing around the Caribbean :rolleyes:

Up early, showered, shaved and s.... sorted my teeth. Ready to go, one hour till we leave for the airport and our luggage leaves on a holiday of its own !

22 hours travelling to get to Dallas, we've been here 2 nights so far, it's 10 pm here right now, had a total of 8 hours sleep since we left England, I fight jetlag, till I eventually fall over, usually day three or four.

Leaving Dallas tomorrow, travelling 900 miles North with a friend to South Dakota, would have been easier to just fly to Chicao, but no, into Chicago, fly South to Dallas, then drive back up - our friend needed company.

Will report in from South Dakota, sleepy beyond belief,, but managing to have a great time so far :rolleyes: