Hillsborough Park Lodge

RichardB

April 2005, should be finished by now !!! I can't see this building in my minds eye, can anyone help ?

Extract :

Restoration Of Hillsborough Park Lodge

A grade II listed lodge in Hillsborough Park is set to be restored and given a new lease of life according to proposals put before Cabinet on 27 April.

The Penistone Road Lodge in Hillsborough Park is an important gateway to the Park, and tens of thousands of people drive past it every day. It’s 150 years old and is now in much need of repair.

http://libplugins.sheffield.gov.uk/uttm/sh...s.asp?title=638

Grand, Thank you, as usual, I was in the wrong, trying to half-remember whatever the building was next to the Library.

The building immediately next to the library was the coach-house, but there is another lodge on Middlewood Road. That one hasn't become disused as it's been in continuous use as a park-keeper's house. I don't know if you visit the 'other' forum, but there's been quite a lot of talk about the coach-house being converted in to some kind of resource/study centre or some such.

I don't know if you visit the 'other' forum, but there's been quite a lot of talk about the coach-house being converted in to some kind of resource/study centre or some such.

I used to visit the other one, now I just live here and babble-on. Admin promised me £25 a posting and some grapes and wenches, I think he may have been extracting the Mickey lol