How many Sheffields?

Guest tsavo

Just a thought, but how many towns and cities round the world are called Sheffield?

Using Autoroute I found eleven.....anyone know better?

Just a thought, but how many towns and cities round the world are called Sheffield?

Hi tsavo, Multimap shows sixteen here .... Multimap

Sheffield in Tasmania even has heather growing on its hill sides,

Located 30 km from Devonport and 93 km from Launceston, Sheffield (named after the famous town in Yorkshire) :)

Sheffield Tasmania

I like this ,,,,, Scottish Scone Shoppe & Highlander Restaurant

60 Main St

Sheffield TAS 7306 lol

Both these sites lack the one thing we've plenty of.....pictures. I wonder why?

Anyone else got a "Sheffield" site?

:rolleyes: dunno' if its true or not but i heard in the 70s that the jap's built a steel mill & named the accomodation round the site sheffield so they could call their product sheffield steel.

:rolleyes: dunno' if its true or not but i heard in the 70s that the jap's built a steel mill & named the accomodation round the site sheffield so they could call their product sheffield steel.

Did they also build a 'Netto', so they could do their shopping. lol

hiall, found this, not found nippo yet-lol

They set up an area of Japan called "USA" just as they infamously tried it on with "Made in Sheffield" steel, made in Sheffield, Japan.

I think US rules have toughened a bit since then but it's tricky with so many multi-nationals about.

Guest topdollar

There is a Sheffield in New Zealand, I have a photo of me stood outside Sheffield post office in New Zealand.

There is a Sheffield in New Zealand, I have a photo of me stood outside Sheffield post office in New Zealand.

Sheffield (formerly Malvern) and Waddington are two small neighbouring villages located in the Canterbury region of New Zealand's South Island

I see from the multimap that only one Sheffield is listed for England but there is a Sheffield in Cornwall

part of Penzance. Looking on google map it looks like ten houses and a farm, Does this count?

I see from the multimap that only one Sheffield is listed for England but there is a Sheffield in Cornwall

part of Penzance. Looking on google map it looks like ten houses and a farm, Does this count?

A Sheffiled History member/friend got in touch with me recently, stating that whilst on a trip in the Lands End/Cornwall area of England, that he was sure had seen a signpost saying ....

Sheffield ??? miles but was not so sure if it was a scam or not?, i did a search of the area on multimap and others ... and found nothing.

But your reply has now confirmed that he was right, so .... thanks for that.

steve.

Now I can't quite work out why this Sheffield is not more well known,

seems to be quite a place!!

There is another Sheffield listed for Ontario Canada but it looks like it's only the road

name.

In 1998 I actually visited Sheffield in Texas (on my way to Fort Lancaster) and I was amazed to find out that it is famous for its Boot Camp for young offenders. We actually drove right past the heavily barbed security gates with guards staring at us! It was on a Sunday morning and there was absolutely nobody else about. Other than the boot camp, this Sheffield is quite a small place of upmarket-looking houses, small smart streets and a quiet backwater feel. I have some photos which I will dig out tomorrow and try to post on here.

There is also a Sheffield in Arizona, USA, near a small town called Snowflake, I think. We tried to find this Sheffield a number of years ago but a sign by the road said it was now Private Property and it was gated off, so I don't think it could have been very big. Probably just a handful of houses.

A Sheffiled History member/friend got in touch with me recently, stating that whilst on a trip in the Lands End/Cornwall area of England, that he was sure had seen a signpost saying ....

Sheffield ??? miles but was not so sure if it was a scam or not?, i did a search of the area on multimap and others ... and found nothing.

But your reply has now confirmed that he was right, so .... thanks for that.

steve.

Steve - I think your friend may have visited the appalling "Lands End Experience" at Lands End (obviously).

One of the "attractions" is a signpost where tourists can attach a sign to the post with the number of miles to their favourite destination ie "SHEFFIELD 381 MILES" then stand & point (with a foolish grin) for inane photo.

That probably explains it lol

Guest Trefcon

Hi

there is a Sheffield in cornwall. i remember being in Mousehole and seeing a sign for 'Sheffield 1Mile'

its a small village near Paul just outside of Mousehole.