Savile Street

Guest sheffbusman

Guest sheffbusman

Hi, I noticed, when driving down the Wicker the other day, that the building that stands opposite the Vauxhall dealer on Savile street is being prepared for demolition, they have stripped out all the window frames etc. I know it has stood empty for years, I can't even remember what it used to be??? Does anybody on here know any details of the demolition date, or in fact anything about the building itself? I would be very interested to know!

Hi, I noticed, when driving down the wicker the other day, that the building that stands opposite the Vauxhall dealer on saville street is being prepared for demolition, they have stripped out all the window frames etc. I know it has stood empty for years, I can't even remember what it used to be??? Does anybody on here know any details of the demolition date, or in fact anything about the building itself? I would be very interested to know!

Could it have been part of T. W. Wards?

Guest breeves

Hi, I noticed, when driving down the wicker the other day, that the building that stands opposite the Vauxhall dealer on saville street is being prepared for demolition, they have stripped out all the window frames etc. I know it has stood empty for years, I can't even remember what it used to be??? Does anybody on here know any details of the demolition date, or in fact anything about the building itself? I would be very interested to know!

I wonder if you mean Saville House -a big old tower block on the River Don side of Saville Street. I am have been looking through all the postings here for information because I undertook the excavation on the site of the new car park there. As your posted question was last year, you will have noticed that Saville HOuse hasn't been demolished, but has been given a fecelift.

Does anyone have any photographs of the Holdings Forge which was at 98 Saville Street. It was apparently demolished in the mid 1990s. Also -a long shot- but if there are any photographs out there of its predecessor the Union Forge or Saville Works (we're talking about mid-late 19th century though so very unlikely) thenI'd be very interested.

Ben

I wonder if you mean Saville House -a big old tower block on the River Don side of Saville Street. I am have been looking through all the postings here for information because I undertook the excavation on the site of the new car park there. As your posted question was last year, you will have noticed that Saville HOuse hasn't been demolished, but has been given a fecelift.

Does anyone have any photographs of the Holdings Forge which was at 98 Saville Street. It was apparently demolished in the mid 1990s. Also -a long shot- but if there are any photographs out there of its predecessor the Union Forge or Saville Works (we're talking about mid-late 19th century though so very unlikely) thenI'd be very interested.

Ben

OK breeves.

I have posted what I have on this on your other thread which is specifically about Holdings forge.