Sinatra's nightclub Sheffield

Sheffield History

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 18.40.41.jpg

SINATRA'S NIGHTCLUB CARVER STREET SHEFFIELD

post-1-1171711160.jpg

Sinatra's Nightclub, 24 Carver Street, Sheffield, S1 4FS

The entrance was next door to 'just micro', home of Gremlin Graphics (producers of computer games)

INFORMATION

Generally played quality soul, funk and disco music, with typical artists being played being Luther Vandross, Alexander O'Neal etc

When Sinatras closed it became Belugas and then Orchis, playing very different types of music.

Stevie Splash was last seen as landlord/dj of a pub in Mirfield, near Huddersfield.

STAFF

Owner/DJ - Stevie Splash

Managers - Shane & Jean ?

DJ's

Stevie Splash

PICTURES

post-1-1171709169.jpg

you can just see a bit of Sinatras to the left of Just Micro

WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS ONE..

Can you help fill in any of the gaps ?

sinatras.jpg

sinatrasmap.jpg

Guest coffee cup

Remember going to Sinatras. we used to go there sometimes on a Wednesday night.

If you went in before 10pm there was no entry charge/

we used to go in after we had been in the Metro which was opposite.

This must have been around 1982 ish

I used to like the dance floor in the other side (through to the right as you walked in) where you could dance in more privacy away from the main bar

Excellent !

Some of the songs I remember from Sinatra's Nightclub

Alexander O'Neal - Criticize

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

Leon Haywood - Don't Push It, Don't Force It

Whispers - And The Beat Goes On

Guest grandad

Loads of George Benson, Alexander O Neal (Whats Missing), Luther Vandross - plenty of disco and soul music...

I always though the music had the edge over Josies at the time...

I used to park round the back - you could get in the car park by moving a beer barrel strategically near the barrier!

Shane and Jean were the Management - there was a bouncer called 'Bruno' - who has a gym in Rotherham now I believe.

There were two lesbians behind one of the bars - one of them was absolutely gorgeous...

Thursday nights were the best, though Sundays were good too. Sinatras was open til 10.30 in those days - then it was down to Charlie Parkers for a bowl of chilli and music through til 1am - that was the only way you could have a late night in those days such were the licensing laws....

Stevie Splash was also responsible for Millionaires on Carver St - he refurbed it but was run out of town after his bouncers had a bit of bother at Charlie Parkers one night - they cancelled his license, refused to renew Sinatras license, and refused him a license to open Millionaires - or so the story goes....

Steve was a HUGE Wedesdayite - went all over watching them.

Happy days.......

Guest benjybok

Me and my sis used to live in Sinatra`s because the music was great and we knew Stevie Splash so used to get in free.

Stevie splash was not the main dj at sinatra`s, The main dj was John Irvine/Allen ( all depended on which one he used) but he

was good and a mate of mine.

Sinatra`s was great for pulling birds because it was small and they had nowhere to hide. :laugh.gif

I have some pics inside Sinatra`s so will have to dig them out.

Anyone remember Aileen the barmaid and her equally lovely daughter.

Guest benjybok

Loads of George Benson, Alexander O Neal (Whats Missing), Luther Vandross - plenty of disco and soul music...

I always though the music had the edge over Josies at the time...

I used to park round the back - you could get in the car park by moving a beer barrel strategically near the barrier!

Shane and Jean were the Management - there was a bouncer called 'Bruno' - who has a gym in Rotherham now I believe.

There were two lesbians behind one of the bars - one of them was absolutely gorgeous...

Thursday nights were the best, though Sundays were good too. Sinatras was open til 10.30 in those days - then it was down to Charlie Parkers for a bowl of chilli and music through til 1am - that was the only way you could have a late night in those days such were the licensing laws....

Stevie Splash was also responsible for Millionaires on Carver St - he refurbed it but was run out of town after his bouncers had a bit of bother at Charlie Parkers one night - they cancelled his license, refused to renew Sinatras license, and refused him a license to open Millionaires - or so the story goes....

Steve was a HUGE Wedesdayite - went all over watching them.

Happy days.......

Those were the days, I remember all that. ;-)

Seem to remember in the dim and distant past going in to Sinatras on friday evenings straight from work for happy hour (half price vodka based cocktails) cheap way to get hammered.

Have you been in Uniq? Went in a couple of weeks ago. Music wasnt bad..............4 quid to get in and its........well........ a room. I need to find a better venue.

Sue

Guest Dinno_Paul

- there was a bouncer called 'Bruno' - who has a gym in Rotherham now I believe.

I think that is indeed correct.I haven't met him but i am mates with a good friend of his,Mick Barker,who i believe also worked on the doors?

In latter years it became a tacky slapper joint, more than I remember in the 80's (Tuesday nights were cheap and cheerful)?

I went there during a stag in 2003 and was (too 'old' but) repulsed by the sleaze which seems to have replaced sexiness? The tackiness which has replaced class?

Each to their own, of course?

I used to be a barmaid in Sinatras as I knew the owner and his girlfriend Jean. It was a great place and it used to get packed on Fri and Sat night. I remember helping to get it open, all the clean up and wet paint just an hour before the doors opened. Great times. Used to work the bottom bar and get drenched in beer as we used to have to change the barrels under the bar as there wasn't a cellar and the barrels were changed at an amazing rate and I remember the bar being 10 deep all night long! Totally exhausting but real fun. I remember Aileen, she was amazing and we all thought she was really old because she was 38!! but she looked really good and was a really nice gal!

• Like 1

For a while Sinatras used to open at dinnertime and serve cracking meals at great prices. I used to have scampi and chips for £1.25. 

Ps Sinatras was where I used to go to hear all the classic tracks by Alexander O'Neal, Luther Vandross, George Benson etc

Some absolute class music in Sinatras every single time

Steve splash was engagedto jean . Then along came Shame the miner on strike who worked but claimed he wad skint. Stole jean away from Steve. He was steak creep. Loved himself.