Bank House Corner Heavygate Road & Fir St

huthwaite

Does anyone know anything about this place? Used to live just down from here, the old gate posts are still there albeit blocked in, I cannot find anything about it thanks

Does anyone know anything about this place? Used to live just down from here, the old gate posts are still there albeit blocked in, I cannot find anything about it thanks

What number Heavygate Road ?

Were there any News Boy Street Sellers living on Fir Street in 1881 ?

Indeed there were ...

NELSON William M 42 M Head Barkwith, Lincoln, England Wheelright 21 Fir St

NELSON Eliza F 42 M Wife Barkwith, Lincoln, England Wheelright 21 Fir St

NELSON Edward M 15 Son Sheffield, York, England News Boy Street Seller 21 Fir St

NELSON Sarah F 4 Son Sheffield, York, England News Boy Street Seller 21 Fir St

ANYAN William M 29 U Boarder Summerby, Lincoln, England Carter 21 Fir St

Remember running through that garden for a dare when I was about 10, but didn't see any News Boy's. They're new to me. Explanation please?

Remember running through that garden for a dare when I was about 10, but didn't see any News Boy's. They're new to me. Explanation please?

You can actually place in your minds eye this place ? That's great.

I can't explain and you know why, I am willing to try to give answers (1881 only) for specific addresses/surnames/occupations ...

I'm testing the SheffieldHistory Christmas Present to its members ... can't say much more till it's tested (I've run some questions past Tsavo as part of the Testing, ongoing)

... ooooh and until I get one of them SheffieldHistory T-Shirts lol

Any, VERY specific, 1881 census questions to SheffieldHistory@Gmail.com - the more specific the better; anyone called Webster living at Figtree Lane please - is a good question.

Can also try "How many seamstresses lived at The Swan with Two Necks" (the answer is two) in 1881 please RichardB, you great big hunk of a man ? (flattery will get you everywhere)

Loving the look of confusion I can imagine on Tsavo's face as I deliberately picked Heavygate area to post some info

Admin types, please contact Admin for SheffieldHistory@Gmail.com email-password-type-thingie, he will contact me when he's discovered he has forgotten it ;-)

Random Heavygate stuff

PARRAMORE Albert M 40 M Head Sheffield, York, England Spring Knife Cutler CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Harriet F 33 M Wife Derby, Derby, England Spring Knife Cutler CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Albert E. M 12 Son Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE George W. M 10 Son Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Lily F 8 Daur Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Arthur M 6 Son Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Ada F 4 Daur Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

PARRAMORE Herbert M 1 Son Sheffield, York, England Scholar CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam

Random Heavygate stuff

PARRAMORE Albert M 40 M Head Sheffield, York, England Spring Knife Cutler CT5 No.1 Heavy Gate Rd Nether Hallam ...

Sorry you have totally lost me here :( I was not aware that it ever had a street no

Sorry you have totally lost me here :( I was not aware that it ever had a street no

Could well be it doesn't/didn't have a street number. Just thought a street number, at least of somewhere close-by, would let us see a list of named residents, maybe we could work something out from that. Could not find anything under Bank House Corner.

Now you've got me wondering. Standing at the top of Fir Street from Heavygate Road, was it on the left or right side of the street?

Could well be it doesn't/didn't have a street number. Just thought a street number, at least of somewhere close-by, would let us see a list of named residents, maybe we could work something out from that. Could not find anything under Bank House Corner.

So, am I correct in saying that Tsavo remembers this house but cannot say anything about it because of something that's going to happen at Christmas :huh::huh: :unsure:

Now you've got me wondering. Standing at the top of Fir Street from Heavygate Road, was it on the left or right side of the street?

Left hand side Tsavo, do you remember the gents loos? the gate posts are just to the left and given the slope down, it must have been a real Bank House lol

Assuming you are looking down Fir Street :rolleyes:

Just had a quick look on Google Earth and it's all been completely re-developed. There are flats on the left and new build's at the far end. Google earth is your best bet.

Was also surprised to see new housing at the top of Greenhow Street as well. Tempus Fugit?

Just had a quick look on Google Earth and it's all been completely re-developed. There are flats on the left and new build's at the far end. Google earth is your best bet.

Was also surprised to see new housing at the top of Greenhow Street as well. Tempus Fugit?

Time does certainly fly! I will get some proper photos soon, I am off to study greek history in Kefalonia for the next 7 weeks lol Thank you for your time and effort as always lol

Bit off-topic but were you aware that Goodle Earth now has a flight simulator? - lets you fly a jet or Cessna over your favourite places.

When in Google Earth press

Ctrl-Alt-A

at the same time

You may already know this so sorry if you did

Bit off-topic but were you aware that Goodle Earth now has a flight simulator? - lets you fly a jet or Cessna over your favourite places.

When in Google Earth press

Ctrl-Alt-A

at the same time

You may already know this so sorry if you did

Thanks for the tip, suppose I'd better get Google Earth now then !!!! How many years behind am I ?