Stationers behind the City Hall

Guest zep

Anyone remember the stationers in an old building behind the city hall? My mum used to buy all her stuff from there for our shop as well as other bits and bobs, sellotape, pens, ink etc. It was an inky smelling place and was full of things I didn't know about or didn't want.

Anyone remember the stationers in an old building behind the city hall? My mum used to buy all her stuff from there for our shop as well as other bits and bobs, sellotape, pens, ink etc. It was an inky smelling place and was full of things I didn't know about or didn't want.

The name you're looking for is Andrews, the School Stationers.

I always remember trays full of lime green paper and orange paper. It still intrigues me as I never ever saw anything written or printed on lime green or orange paper, everything was still so conservative in the psychodelic 60's. I remember black paper at school and white crayons. That was the limit of Mansell School's resources I guess.

I was always in and out of there when I was nearby at Shirecliffe College, temporally located in the old city school on the corner of West & Leopold street around 1968. I remember it being on 2 floors and were they not just bare floor boards back then?

Yeah I remember Andrews Graphics, 2 floors, upstairs was where the more technical drawing equipment and artists stuff was inc. drawing boards. Downstairs was more paper and everyday stationery products. Loved that place, there was also a small branch in Chesterfield which is where I'm from but went to school in Sheffield so would always go in there on a Sat for supplies. I was sad to see them go. :(

Guest helen farleigh

I t was called Andrews Stationers because my mother worked there for several years. Cheers Helen Farleigh