Fine start to the Season, huh ?

RichardB

Guest bangtidy

Yes i am appalled by the start of the season but things can only get better surely, I believe the situation is in need of help tho, also why havent we a better youth system installed to bring younger players through the ranks!!! young talent is out there im sure

cheers needed to get that off the chest!

Hi fellas, My job took me away from Sheffield in 1976 but I have still kept up with Wednesday and seen the occasional match.

What I can't understand is why the so called "Wednesdayite" group of shareholders adamantly refuse to sell their holding. It seems as though time after time prospective investors/purchasers of the club come along only to be frustrated by "Wednesdayite".

What the club needs above anything else is a major injection of money - they just frustrate any possibility of that and unless they change sometime, then I find it hard to see a future other than Wesdnesday going into Administration at some time in the future. Their debts are MASSIVE ( is it still over £20 million ?) and that cannot continue for ever.

Having said all that, I do still hope for the best for them .

Cheers, John

Johnm - you really do need to get some information quickly !

Wednesdayites shares are irrelevant completely

There's 90% of shares out there that aren't owned by Wednesdayite so dont' fall for the smokescreen by Dave Allen on this one

The Shareholders Association have just launched an initiative that has proven this fact too - they have written to every single shareholder of the club asking them to pledge 95% of their shares to a scheme that will see an investor able to come into the club and Wednesdayite are going to ask their members if they will pledge their shares too

Remember - 'wednesdayite' is a FANS group - made up of FANS of Sheffield Wednesday like you and me - there's elderly people, people of all races, ages, sexes, there's disabled fans, fans abroad - basically over a thousand fans who have joined because they believe in what Wednesdayite do in the community and could do for the club

Wednesdayite have said a clear "WE WANT TO TALK TO DAVE ALLEN" - the club have said "WE WILL NOT TALK TO THEM"

Don't fall for the club's smokescreen

p.s - at the recent press conference that the club (in my opinion) bashed Wednesdayite and the chairman called fans of the club 'scum' 'cretins' and even one of them a 'venomous *****' on TV (this is being investigated by the FA as I write this) - the chairman was asked "do you want to leave SWFC"

His answer ?

"NO"

DO NOT BELIEVE THE SMOKESCREENS - WEDNESDAYITE ARE NOT - REPEAT NOT - TO BLAME

Watch the following...

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

As some of you already know I am a huge lifelong Owls fan and always will be and can chat about the ups and downs and the ins and outs for hours. However I do not think this site should be used as a forum for the present day politics within the club. Please visit our sister site at http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/ where there is an ample opportunity to discuss these issues. Please lets try and keep this site dedicated to the history of our fair city.

As some of you already know I am a huge lifelong Owls fan and always will be and can chat about the ups and downs and the ins and outs for hours. However I do not think this site should be used as a forum for the present day politics within the club. Please visit our sister site at http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/ where there is an ample opportunity to discuss these issues. Please lets try and keep this site dedicated to the history of our fair city.

Non-political comment, we're still dreadful, bring back Willie Henderson !!!