City oval hall Sheffield

NicolaWhiteley

It was the City Hall by the way.

The Rolling Stone]' 1st British tour was a concert tour by the band. The tour commenced on 5 March and concluded on 18 March 1965. Parts of the Liverpool (6 March) and Manchester (7 March) shows were recorded for Got Live If You Want It!, the third official EP by The Rolling Stones.

I have seen on the internet tickets fetching £300 for 1964 shows. It depends on how rare the tickets are, but the starting price would be at least £20.

Thanks for the info my mum saved some odd things she loved the Rolling Stones she was a Rotherham lass

Hi Nicola,  Also appearing on the Rolling Stones Show at the City Hall that your mum went to in 1965, were The Hollies and Sheffield Group Dave Berry and the Cruisers.

The Stones appeared twice in Sheffield the previous year (64) first at the Gaumont in October, then at the City Hall in November(the show i went to see) also on the show were Sheffield group's Vance Arnold and the Avengers(Joe Cocker) Johnny Tempest and the Cadillacs, plus some other local group's, name's i can't remember.

When  lived in Eckington it was a well known fact that Mick Jagger was a regular visitor to the village so as to see his Grandma who lived there. Out of respect to the lady his visits were “kept under the hat”.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2022 at 13:34, History dude said:

It was the City Hall by the way.

The Rolling Stone]' 1st British tour was a concert tour by the band. The tour commenced on 5 March and concluded on 18 March 1965. Parts of the Liverpool (6 March) and Manchester (7 March) shows were recorded for Got Live If You Want It!, the third official EP by The Rolling Stones.

Are you sure that was their first? I remember an advert for Inez & Charlie Foxx's latest record 'Hurt By Love' in which Sue Records said that the duo were "on the Rolling Stones Tour". The record was a small hit in April 1964.

That quote was taken from Wikipedia. However it was the first British Tour of 1965.  They had their first ever shows in the UK in 1963.  They had four tours in 1964 of the UK. The record advert was for the second tour which ended in March.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2022 at 17:33, Lysanderix said:

When  lived in Eckington it was a well known fact that Mick Jagger was a regular visitor to the village so as to see his Grandma who lived there. Out of respect to the lady his visits were “kept under the hat”.

Mick Jagger's connection to Eckington

https://youtu.be/KPZh-qw6vDE