Here is how much Sheffield has changed!

Sheffield History

We visit Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire, England for a full tour of the steel city of Sheffield showing all the Sheffield City Centre landmarks and places from Town Hall to City Hall, The Moor, Fargate, Fitzalan Square, West Street, Division Street, Barkers Pool and more.

Sheffield City Centre is a much changing and evolving city centre with lots of building work to update, refurbish, revitalise and improve Sheffield.

We take a wander around to see what's happening and what it's like here and look for things to do in Sheffield. Sheffield is the fourth largest city in England. It is situated in South Yorkshire close to Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham and with a lot to see and do. Sheffield has two universities, Sheffield University itself and Sheffield Hallam University so there are lots of students in the city who tend to stay here after their studies are complete.

The changes happening in the city are huge, particularly around barkers pool, the moor and charter square where the new retail quarter is being constructed, and around Peace Gardens and Pinstone Street where the new hotel is being built right opposite Sheffield Town Hall.

In this Sheffield tour I try and cover as much as possible that you would want to see in Sheffield from the new look Fitzalan Square, down Haymarket and up Angel Street to Sheffield High Street and up to Sheffield Cathedral. From there we cross over to Fargate and head down Chapel Walk to Tudor Square home of Sheffield theatres including the Crucible, the library theatre and The Lyceum theatre. From here it's just a short walk through the beautiful winter gardens to the St Paul's place and then The Peace Gardens where we see people relaxing and enjoying the fountains outside the Town Hall.

We then venture down fargate, through Orchard Square shopping centre and up into Leopold Square on Leopold Street where we head through to West Street one of Sheffield's main nightlife streets, especially for students (who love The Cavendish bar!) Then we head into West One complex of apartments and bars before going down Division Street and Devonshire Green to Barkers Pool and Sheffield City Hall.

Across from City Hall is Cambridge Street so we nip down to see what changes are taking place here and then end up on Pinstone Street, the new look Charter Square, before ending on The Moor after a look inside The Moor indoor markets This is quite a Sheffield walk and it took me a while to film and edit it but I wanted to show off Sheffield City Centre as best I could for you so I hope you enjoy it.

Sheffield City Centre gets some criticism from Sheffield residents who complain (in their Sheffield accents) about the cycle lanes, lack of shops and other things that visitors and people coming here from other places don't see. Make of that what you will.