What buildings have gone? (Athol Hotel is one I think?)

Sheffield History

Very interesting especially as I haven’t ventured in to these parts in a few years. Frankly, it all looks pretty bland….the new cinema block apart.

If the Salvation Army is being saved.....good, if the Athol is to be destroyed it's shameful, these people are without soul.

I had to cut this film short, so depressing, the Glass, Steel and concrete has no sole, neither have the architects that have designed it.

It is obviously done like this because its cheap, just like the council.

On 19/07/2022 at 01:39, Sadbrewer said:

If the Salvation Army is being saved.....good, if the Athol is to be destroyed it's shameful, these people are without soul.

What is happening with it!!   Has anyone any idea who owns the old Sally Army building and what's holding up the referbishment. There doesn't seem to be much action with the planning application   https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage    It would be a shame to let it get into further state of disrepair.

You'd think they'd send us some of the 20 billion it's going to cost doing up the Palace of Westminster.

I never realised that our Council had actually built  or designed any of the “soulless” buildings a j simp is complaining about!

The Council is responsible for planning ,about which there are established rules and regulations….so I think it unfair to accuse our cash strapped Council of being cheap.

You also have to remember that the council 'sold' the Moor many years ago to a management and investment company, so apart from planning regulations, they have little involvement in the area.

Nigel L