Legends
Stonehouse
The Saddle
Fountain Bar
Gossips
Isabellas

The Nelson

The Foresters

The Prince of Wales (Now Frog and Parrot)

The Hallamshire    West St

The Beehive    West St

The Raven.

OR 

The Museum 

and then the rest of the evening in 

The Buccaneer.

On 06/07/2022 at 11:03, Sheffield History said:

What about..

Bankers Draft
Old Blue Bell
Legends
Stonehouse
The Saddle
Fountain Bar
Gossips
Isabellas

If we were on a big night, we'd do something similar:

Stonehouse

Fountain Bar

Yates'

The Saddle

Millionaires

Cairos

I think we should have a poll on the worst pub toilets in the city centre.

My vote goes to The Saddle on West Street, they were undoubtedly the entrance to Hell itself.

As for the toilets in the nightclubs, Penthouse and Crazy Daisy. 

On 20/07/2022 at 22:19, Rich said:

I think we should have a poll on the worst pub toilets in the city centre.

My vote goes to The Saddle on West Street, they were undoubtedly the entrance to Hell itself.

As for the toilets in the nightclubs, Penthouse and Crazy Daisy. 

I think the outside toilets in the Albert and Museum were pretty grotty and the toilets in the Buccaneer you sometimes had to paddle through at closing time!

London Rd  Friday night ,  down one side back up the other .  Ending up in either Locarno or China Gardens 

I'm with you hackey lad. You didn't have to go into town for a decent pub crawl!  In the late sixties I'd meet up with workmates for a regular Friday night pub crawl along London Road, we'd meet in the Royal Oak on Cemetery Road, if you didn't get in there reasonably early you'd have to fight your way to the bar.

First stop the Lansdowne, then across the road to the Albion, a little diversion down to the Sheldon, back along London Road to The Barrel, Tramway and The Old Crown, another diversion to the Great Britain on John Street, with the last last pint in the Cremorne and the bus home.  Sometimes we'd meet up in the Devonshire Arms on Ecclesall Road "probably the best pint of Wards in town" the odd time going in the pub a few doors down (can't remember the name) then over the road to the Earl Grey before calling in the Little Mesters on William Street, then up to the Pomona, finally finishing up in the Nursery Tavern, another pub where you had to fight your way to the bar. 

20 hours ago, southside said:

I'm with you hackey lad. You didn't have to go into town for a decent pub crawl!  In the late sixties I'd meet up with workmates for a regular Friday night pub crawl along London Road, we'd meet in the Royal Oak on Cemetery Road, if you didn't get in there reasonably early you'd have to fight your way to the bar.

First stop the Lansdowne, then across the road to the Albion, a little diversion down to the Sheldon, back along London Road to The Barrel, Tramway and The Old Crown, another diversion to the Great Britain on John Street, with the last last pint in the Cremorne and the bus home.  Sometimes we'd meet up in the Devonshire Arms on Ecclesall Road "probably the best pint of Wards in town" the odd time going in the pub a few doors down (can't remember the name) then over the road to the Earl Grey before calling in the Little Mesters on William Street, then up to the Pomona, finally finishing up in the Nursery Tavern, another pub where you had to fight your way to the bar. 

Thats pretty much what we did early 80s  , every Friday for years