National Bus Service Sheffield to Pwhelli 1970s

I drove this return service in the mid 70s at the weekend which connected Rotherham and Sheffield with Butlins Holiday Camp. Cannot remember for the life of me their being a second driver and wondered if anyone else could remember Dont remember using tachos either and part of the route a mystery across Pennines Did we use Mam Tor then or cut over the cat and fifddle?

Anyone else remember this service or the Yarmouth one which I remember a right slog and after usually arriving late being turned straight around to come back!

Don’t know whether you knew /recall my late Father  -in -Law, (Keith Williams) ...and don’t know if he did that service but he was a fairly regular part- time driver for various local bus companies 70s/80s ( ex-Sheffield Transport before then)...very tall fella with infectious laugh...?

Sorry I dont but it sounds like he was doing the same as me a part timer. Sure I would have known him but memory is unfortunately a bit thin and why looking for help to remind myself of this work. I remember well the Plaxton AECs that we drove and how being a bit wild in my 20s I flogged them more than I should and usually had to nure them back home the temperature guages in the danger zone!

Thought I’d try....he was an ex -copper ( military and civi)  so his stature quite distinctive ....not an ordinary looking bloke! He drove for several, casually, SUT, National, Booth & Fisher ( and I THINK a bit for WA).But yes, I get your point .....much of  what’s raised and discussed on this site is about things where were or happened a long time ago. Good to talk anyway!