Tractor Dealers

southside

I came across this photograph amongst some postcards bought at a recent antiques fair, on the back Massey Ferguson and what looks like (Sheffield)

Anyone recognise where the photograph was taken?

Massey Ferguson.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lysanderix said:

Samuel Wilson, West Street….late 1940s/ early 1950s at a guess.

Hia, I think your right! a similar photo on Heritage Machines, taken more from the near end of the tractors looking down,            seems to have the same people stood in the opening, it's dated 1947. - Apparently, in 1935 the proposed Garage was      commissioned by Samuel Wilson. It then occupied the ground floor of the building from when it opened in 1937. 

That's on West Street, opposite Bailey Court Job Centre. The upper floors have recently been converted into apartments and the ground floor and basement have been converted into a bar called Mr Wilson's.

On 31/05/2022 at 11:25, ewanarm said:

That's on West Street, opposite Bailey Court Job Centre. The upper floors have recently been converted into apartments and the ground floor and basement have been converted into a bar called Mr Wilson's.

What a disgrace: whatever happened to flats and pubs?

On 04/06/2022 at 14:23, Alastair said:

Another view

West Street tractors.jpg

Thanks Alastair, great photograph!

Don't know the make of the van Athy, I'm sure someone on here will come up with the make and model!

This Britain From Above photograph gives a good view of the West Street area in 1937.

West Street 1937.jpg