Days/Weekends Sheffield could have in the City Centre

Sheffield History

Have a look at this - surely Sheffield could have one of these?

Also a goth weekend and most definitely a steampunk weekend?

What do you think?

ABSOLUTELY!!   I was at a 1940s in Melton Mowbray with a Vintage stall in the central park, it was also  in

and around the Town Centre. BRILL!!  Chesterfield do a 1940s day as well around the Town Centre and market.

The Emergency Services Museum at West Bar, often have themed weekends. I've been to Victorian & 1940s

there, and am going to their 'STEAMERS & SCALLYWAGS' Steam Punk weekend on 11the & 12th JUNE. They

always have a good public response, people like costumed events, especially historical ones.  I'm sure that the

Museum with their knowledge would be glad to join in anything going on in the City.

On 23/05/2022 at 15:08, Sheffield History said:

most definitely a steampunk weekend?

What do you think?

I think steam, yes, but what on earth had it got to do with punks?

On 28/05/2022 at 12:30, Athy said:

I think steam, yes, but what on earth had it got to do with punks?

Hi Athy. They're not the sort of punks you're thinking of with spikey green hair! Ha! Ha!

Roughly! it's a Vintage style of Fashion and Design ideas, based largely on the Victorian era

with a Modern Slant. Encapsulating Steam Power and Science Fiction, with a strong interest

on the mechanics of Time Pieces. It makes for a very interesting event.  Heartshome

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heartshome said:

Hi Athy. They're not the sort of punks you're thinking of with spikey green hair! Ha! Ha!

Roughly! it's a Vintage style of Fashion and Design ideas, based largely on the Victorian era

with a Modern Slant. Encapsulating Steam Power and Science Fiction, with a strong interest

on the mechanics of Time Pieces. It makes for a very interesting event.  Heartshome

Thanks.

I still don't get why "punk" is in its name.

12 hours ago, Athy said:

Thanks.

I still don't get why "punk" is in its name.

It's because they are 'Unconventional' with their Fashion and Fictional Technology, and with Steam being

their Power source, not electricity. I guess you could say it's because they 'go against the norm'.

*( Just for a bit of extra info! The word STEAMPUNK is said to have been first used in a novel in 1987

by K.W.Jeter called MORLOCK NIGHT. He used it to describe genre of speculative fiction, where Steam

not electricity drove technological advancements )*

• Like 1

Athy, If you're free the 11th and 12th June, why not come down to the Emergency Services Museum for

the experience. The Guys and Girls would be happy to explain anything to you. They maybe classed as a bit 

'off the wall', but they are very passionate about what they do, and love the history of Victorian technology.

I think you would find it of interest and something quite different.    I'm looking forward to it!

Regards Heartshome.

• Like 1