Remember when this was Sugg Sport?

Sheffield History

Yes I can. I remember that for trainers you had to go downstairs. Upstairs were all other sports items. I always bought my darts from here.

The first thing that struck me about this picture, though it appears to be early afternoon by the position of the sun,  it looks like after Armageddon,  I cant see anything living or moving.

I remember when Suggs just had the right hand half of this building, but at the moment I can't recall the other shop that shared the building. There was a new building just above that housed a car spares shop and a travel agents.

I seem to remember an arcade between the Moor and Union St. I believe there was some sort of sports shop along there - may have been Suggs and think  Redgates might also have been there or close by

18 hours ago, DJB said:

I seem to remember an arcade between the Moor and Union St. I believe there was some sort of sports shop along there - may have been Suggs and think  Redgates might also have been there or close by

That would be the Cambridge Arcade 

The original picture shows the Black Swan/Mucky Duck in the background. A different location from Cambridge Arcade.

• Like 1