Exam Results

RichardB

We are the owners of a stroppy 18 year old, been going through exams and exam-result stress etc etc (to be honest, I recall the stress back in the days when you had to make a 30 minute journey each way, to Sheffield Library, to be able to do an hours work), but ....

Here are the results .....

Psychology A Level Grade A

History A Level Grade A

Biology A Level Grade B

Which means, she's off to Durham University, her first choice.

She's out tonight celebrating :o) if it's anything like my celebrations all those years ago then she won't be able to walk for a week and will have the speech-ability of a lettuce till she sods off to Durham, Ahhhh Bliss !!!!!!!

And after your wife's win, you can pay her bus fare! Congratulations due all round, I think.

I drive past Durham everyday on my way to work, don't tell the step-daughter !!!! Once she's settled in, we're off to USA, not for us the sandy beaches and Disney attractions, we're off "right up the middle", Dallas, Kansas (where there are no people !!!!), Nebraska (briefly), South Dakota (Rushmore, hopefully), then off to Iowa ...

Iowa ... ????

We've been there twice before, a land full of corn-fields (think Costners Field of Dreams) and good friends; we're staying at a Mental Health Institute (again) which may be deemed appropriate .... Love the place, got Square dancing, Ice-fishing, riding on a Combine-harvester, climbing up a Corn-Silo and sitting round "on the porch shooting the home-town s***" organized ...

The Porch, with Friends, is the best bit to look forward too ....

Our friends have some antique wood-working tools hanging in that porch, I'll be sure to give 'em a good looking at - purely in the interests of Sheffield History.

I drive past Durham everyday on my way to work, don't tell the step-daughter !!!! Once she's settled in, we're off to USA, not for us the sandy beaches and Disney attractions, we're off "right up the middle", Dallas, Kansas (where there are no people !!!!), Nebraska (briefly), South Dakota (Rushmore, hopefully), then off to Iowa ...

Iowa ... ????

We've been there twice before, a land full of corn-fields (think Costners Field of Dreams) and good friends; we're staying at a Mental Health Institute (again) which may be deemed appropriate .... Love the place, got Square dancing, Ice-fishing, riding on a Combine-harvester, climbing up a Corn-Silo and sitting round "on the porch shooting the home-town s***" organized ...

The Porch, with Friends, is the best bit to look forward too ....

Our friends have some antique wood-working tools hanging in that porch, I'll be sure to give 'em a good looking at - purely in the interests of Sheffield History.

I have a load of antique wood working tools if you are interested!!

I have a load of antique wood working tools if you are interested!!

I remember when my children got their A level results, it's great to know that you must have done something right lol and that they might eventually move away and give you space, don't believe it!!!!