The Full Monty to be revived by Disney as a TV series

SteveHB

The Full Monty to be revived by Disney+ as a TV series after 25 years

"For a time, the 1997 British BAFTA-winning comedy was the highest-grossing film in the UK until it was later outsold by Titanic. The original cast of Robert Carlyle, Mark Addy, Lesley Sharp, Hugo Speer, Paul Barber, Steve Huison, Wim Snape and Tom Wilkinson are set to return.

The Full Monty is set to make a comeback after Disney+ announced it will turn the hit film into an eight-part TV series.
Featuring the original cast and going by the same name, the show will follow the group of friends as they navigate post-industrial Sheffield and experience the struggles of crumbling healthcare and employment systems.
Almost 25 years on from the release of the BAFTA award-winning film, Robert Carlyle will return as Gaz, Mark Addy as Dave, Lesley Sharp as Jean, Hugo Speer as Guy, Paul Barber as Horse, Steve Huison as Lomper, Wim Snape as Nathan and Tom Wilkinson as Gerald.
William Snape, Mark Addy, Robert Carlyle, Steve Huison and Tom Wilkinson were among the stars in the original The Full Monty film in 1997"

https://news.sky.com/story/the-full-monty-to-be-revived-by-disney-as-a-limited-tv-series-after-25-years-12576871#

F-M.jpg

The film did nowt for me…except enjoying seeing Shiregreen Club on screen…what a pity it’s shut and decaying….having been a vital part of its local community through thick and thin.🤨

3 hours ago, Lysanderix said:

The film did nowt for me…except enjoying seeing Shiregreen Club on screen…what a pity it’s shut and decaying….having been a vital part of its local community through thick and thin.🤨

Same here, just as my Dad would say “ just a load of tripe “.

I thought it was really funny, it just shows! Anyway, I saw part of it being filmed on my way to work, one day.

I was going on my usual route, down Bacon lane and over the canal bridge at about 0730 and was surprised to see loads of people and 2 movie-type cameras filming over the side of the bridge; I thought they must be filming the canal. I was waved through and looked over to see 2 men trying to handle a girder or something, over the water. I thought they must be dismantling a factory. 

Years later, when I saw the film I realised what a hilarious moment they'd filmed and that I'd seen.

I feel it did our fair city’s image no good at all.  It may have had some humour but it left me feeling sad…and I too observed some of the filming outside Shiregreen club as the Circular bus I was on was held up for a while ….with huge Super Trooper (?) lights illuminating the building

The Star: Monday, 16th May 2022, 2:01 pm.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/full-monty-sheffield-disney-filming-crews-take-over-neighbourhood-for-filming-around-gleadless-valley-church-3695836

"Gleadless Valley Church in Spotswood Close is the latest Sheffield location that will appear in the upcoming limited series marking the return of the classic 1997 film, produced by Disney+.
Residents are in with a chance of seeing cast members like Robert Carlyle, Paul Barber, Hugo Speer, Mark Addy, Steve Huison, Wim Snape and Tom Wilkinson on the estate between today and Thursday."

============

I look forward to seeing it, the original was brilliant and Robert Carlisle's Sheffield accent was spot on.

• Like 1

Hi just to mention my friend tells me that "FILMING" has been witnessed around Bishops House in 

Meersbrook Park, so we will be watching for that episode!

9 hours ago, Oldbloke 2 said:

I'll give it two.

I'll give it 100 per cent Brill film, Brill actors, Brill city, and it's back in SHEFFIELD they're filming.

Something to be PROUD OF !!!

12 hours ago, Heartshome said:

I'll give it 100 per cent Brill film, Brill actors, Brill city, and it's back in SHEFFIELD they're filming.

Something to be PROUD OF !!!

In your opinion, to which you are fully entitled.

On 13/06/2022 at 10:59, Oldbloke 2 said:

In your opinion, to which you are fully entitled.

Thanks Oldbloke. IT IS! and I AM💖Sheffield