The Link

Mary Wood

Anyone remember the pubs on Park Hill flats in the 70’s? In particular The Link-run by Harry & Margaret Ford? Am trying to find their daughter Julia. They moved to Chesterfield I think. I worked behind the bar and loved them, great people. Margaret’s father John Costello, used to run the Adelphi and latterly the Cossack *** bar in town. 

My uncle, Colin Hardy was Landlord of the Link sometime in the 70's  or 80's. I would be grateful if anyone could be more precise as to the dates.

His wife was Margaret and they had 2 children, Kay and Christopher. Kay was the Gloops Queen and went on to teach in Barbados.

Christopher I have no knowledge of his whereabouts 

Guest leksand
On 26/01/2022 at 16:04, peterinfrance said:

My uncle, Colin Hardy was Landlord of the Link sometime in the 70's  or 80's. I would be grateful if anyone could be more precise as to the dates.

His wife was Margaret and they had 2 children, Kay and Christopher. Kay was the Gloops Queen and went on to teach in Barbados.

Christopher I have no knowledge of his whereabouts 

Unfortunately it looks like the licensing records for that period were "withdrawn" for both the Link & the Earl George, whilst they appear to have survived for the Scottish Queen & Parkway. I'd guess that means it was shut down before the latter 2 (perhaps someone can confirm). It may well have been one of the later records on the system they had then to be binned as it's licensing number doesn't seem to have been reallocated.