Cinema adverts

Guest tsavo

Remember Pearl and Dean adverts? They were usually the signal for a loo visit or an opportunity to buy an ice cream without really missing anything. I screened them thousands of times, but the memory of a local car sales add popped into my head this morning.

It started with a lantern slide of a vintage car and a young lady in old fashioned dress. The voice over went something like this:

She was poor, but she was honest

and she saved her weekly wage

for a car both small and modest

so she scanned the advert's page.

She found Ernest Brocklehurst for all the best in motoring today!

What happened to Brocklehurst's anyone remember? Think they were somewhere around Meadowhead.

All the adds started with the Pearl and Dean opening. Until the mid 60s it was the classic columns set with a blue background and P & D in Gold. This was changed to a more modern almost abstract opening with a track called Asteroid which now seems to be used a lot on local pop radio.

Link to P & Ds site. You can listern to both tracks:

http://www.pearlanddean.com/?node_id=1.9.3

Anyone remember any other ads?

Remember Pearl and Dean adverts? They were usually the signal for a loo visit or an opportunity to buy an ice cream without really missing anything. I screened them thousands of times, but the memory of a local car sales add popped into my head this morning.

It started with a lantern slide of a vintage car and a young lady in old fashioned dress. The voice over went something like this:

She was poor, but she was honest

and she saved her weekly wage

for a car both small and modest

so she scanned the advert's page.

She found Ernest Brocklehurst for all the best in motoring today!

What happened to Brocklehurst's anyone remember? Think they were somewhere around Meadowhead.

All the adds started with the Pearl and Dean opening. Until the mid 60s it was the classic columns set with a blue background and P & D in Gold. This was changed to a more modern almost abstract opening with a track called Asteroid which now seems to be used a lot on local pop radio.

Link to P & Ds site. You can listern to both tracks:

http://www.pearlanddean.com/?node_id=1.9.3

Anyone remember any other ads?

Hi Tsavo, Do you remember the one for Silk Cut with the Zulus? " and for those difficult to remove stains!" had me rolling in the aisle.