Totley Thornbridge College of Education

Paul Worrall

Hi Everybody,

I'm been tracing my educational background. We've got postings for; Gleadless County School, Hurlfield School for Boys and High Storrs.

However, I can't find any postings for Totley Thornbridge College of Education. I started at Totley College in September 1971 and stuck out the entire 3 years. We were the secound year that they let men in. I remember my old pal Dave Galleger in the year above me. Pat Walsh, Liz Heath, Andrew Mason, Lorraine Cowie in my year, and Doug Gibbon and Andy Putman in the year below me. It was 50yrs ago which is why I can't remember any other student names.  Doug is still a good pal but he's the only person I see from those days.

The staff I remember are Rob Bragg, Peter Partner, Paul Cutts and John Brennan. 

Is there anyone out there who remembers Totley College?

Cheers, Wazzie Worrall....

My former English teacher at school Mary Miller taught there from the early '70s.. a really inspirational and lovely person. Anyone have memories of her. I kept contact with he until her death. 

Hi Page Hall-er,

I don't remember Mary Miller at Totley. We only had a course in Primary School English and I can't remember who taught us, I didn't do English as a main subject, I did Geography.

I forgot to mention x2 other ex-students from our Year Group. Howard Chambers - Art. Sadly Howard died about 5yrs ago.

Jean Cookes - Art. Jean still lives in the area and I saw her just before the lock-down. Jean worked as a secondary school Art teacher but I don't know where.

Cheers, Wazzie Worrall